Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masterborder with URL specific images?

Default Masterborder with URL specific images?

Hi,

I need to display a specific image for a specific page but I need to do this within the Masterborder. Can anyone point me in the right direction to achieve this?

Let's say the site has a Home page, About Us and Contact. I want home.jpg to appear on the home page, aboutus.jpg to appear on the About Us page and contact.jpg to appear on the contact page...but I need to do this using the same master border.

I'm assuming a script of some sort but ..... I'll take your advice!
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adendum View Post
    Hi,

I need to display a specific image for a specific page but I need to do this within the Masterborder. Can anyone point me in the right direction to achieve this?

Let's say the site has a Home page, About Us and Contact. I want home.jpg to appear on the home page, aboutus.jpg to appear on the About Us page and contact.jpg to appear on the contact page...but I need to do this using the same master border.

I'm assuming a script of some sort but ..... I'll take your advice!
    If you only need one page to be different I would suggest either making a new masterborder based on the default or just using zeromargins on that one page. If you want all pages to be different I would suggest that you make the whole site zeromargins that way each page is independent from the rest.

For a menu in something like this, you should look outside Fusion to something like AWM (external menu builder)
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Well, the easy way is to have a different MasterBorder for each page. I've done that before. You can create a new MasterBorder based on the previous, then change the elements that are different.

Obviously if the site is database driven, you could pull an associated image from your database to go with a given page. This is beyond my experience, though, so I can't help you with that. (I looked at the NOF database stuff once, but couldn't get my head around it.)

Not much help, but my $.02

-RayC

Well, it´s a bugger.
    Actually it work once. I suppose you want to have a different picture as a banner for every page.
    In former versions it was working.
    We had a user not long ago who built his site in NOF 7,5 and he was using this possibility to just double click the banner and choose a jpeg for the specific page. This was working perfectly.
    Then he imported his site into NOF 11.
    And.... t.... s... it´s not working anymore.
    This option is not available in the new versions.

Well, I recommend a table layout, copy your pages in Site View and change the pictures as you like.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

@Mike: It's roughly 20 pages that need a unique image. I already have 2 masterborders (as I'll be adding a Zoom search later on) and I'm using AWM for navigation already.

@Ray: I want to keep the masterborders down to just 2 as future edits with 20 masterborders will be painful. Not a database site - and I know what you mean! ColdFusion is on my list!!

@Mia: Ummm, not sure what your suggestion offers in this instance.

The problem is that the layout requires the full width for the content but the logo (180w x 349d) and the images (738w x 275d) are deep so I could place the logo and specific images inside the layout region rather than the masterborder but I can't figure how to deal with the the three elements (logo, image, menu). I'm probably not explaining myself very well - so take a look at http://www.aditerum.co.uk/test/client5/index.php and see if you get what I am trying to do.

Doh! It's password protected! Email me if you wanna look!

I can use the ZeroMargin route, kind of, but it means I have to repeat the addition of the logo and menu in every page...not clever.
    Last edited by Adendum; 07-26-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: typo & password.
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM

It would help if you hadn´t a lock on the door..... LOL
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

JWebStuff

Default Re: Masterborder with URL specific images?

I've never used it, but there was a Coolmaps component called Border Patrol
    that said you could put a different image on every page within one
    masterborder. Don't know if it would work in v11 though.
    Janice

"Adendum" <Adendum.4eq1nn@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> wrote in message
    news:Adendum.4eq1nn@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com...
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to display a specific image for a specific page but I need to do
    > this within the Masterborder. Can anyone point me in the right direction
    > to achieve this?
    >
    > Let's say the site has a Home page, About Us and Contact. I want
    > home.jpg to appear on the home page, aboutus.jpg to appear on the About
    > Us page and contact.jpg to appear on the contact page...but I need to do
    > this using the same master border.
    >
    > I'm assuming a script of some sort but ..... I'll take your advice!
    >
    >
    >
    > Paul - Aditerum & Adendum
    > NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945
    > Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM

You keep changing your post above all the time...

I didn´t have a look at your site yet, but if your site is based on a ZeroMargins page, make a "standard" page, with everything you want to have on every page, logo, menue ....
    And in Site View you can copy this page as many times as you want for as many pages you want.
    The only thing would be to change the pictures for every page.....
    Just double click.

Paul,

It occurs to me that you might be able to do something sneaky using an MLR.

I've never looked into the DIY MLR, but you might be able to have the "banner" be an MLR, and it changes when you click the menu items. You'd need to somehow have the buttons trigger both the MLR and the Navigation, if that's possible. Look at the NO site. The MLR at the top of the page is not unlike what you're working with.

Someone will probably tell me why this won't work -- just storming the brain.

-Ray

Thanks Janice,

If it works with v11 then it solves my problem - I've emailed them the question - will let you all know if/when they respond.