Thread: Trying to create e-mail page. But....

Default Trying to create e-mail page. But....

Hi,

I have NOF 11. and I have created a fairly simple site, but would like to add an eMail page... so the eMail address will not be visible to spammers, etc.

I added a new page, and then placed a "NOF e-mail page" object on there.

I then added all the properties of the email object, and published it.

The form appeared, and I was able to fill in the details.... however, it will not send the eMail because there is nowhere to enter the TO: address.

If I include the TO: field in the component, then I have to fill this in with the eMail address of the website owner, and then that is visible to spammers.

Any ideas anyone? (I should hate to have to use a standard form and then write a PHP script to send the eMail)

Many thanks,
    Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerphil View Post
    Hi,

I have NOF 11. and I have created a fairly simple site, but would like to add an eMail page... so the eMail address will not be visible to spammers, etc.

I added a new page, and then placed a "NOF e-mail page" object on there.

I then added all the properties of the email object, and published it.

The form appeared, and I was able to fill in the details.... however, it will not send the eMail because there is nowhere to enter the TO: address.

If I include the TO: field in the component, then I have to fill this in with the eMail address of the website owner, and then that is visible to spammers.

Any ideas anyone? (I should hate to have to use a standard form and then write a PHP script to send the eMail)

Many thanks,
    Philip.
    Have you seen this tutorial on how to use the formshandler component? http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4024
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Thanks...

Ok,

I took out the eMail Page object and created a form, as you suggested.

And after a bit of messing around with FTP to create the db directory it all worked ok.

Many thanks,
    Philip.