Thread: How do I refer to login users in a MySQL database

Default How do I refer to login users in a MySQL database

I have my users listed with passwords in a mysql database. How do I give the database pathname in tab general path to database?
    I have seen sollutions without using NOF, but I really would not want to do that.

In most cases, the path to the database is "localhost".

Do you have a database and web server with PHP installed on your computer with Fusion?

Or is the database on your web host?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I have Winamp, PHP, Apache all local. Before I publish I want to be sure that it all can work;
    What I do not understand is how the program figures out what database and table it should use.

I changed the path to database in localhost without parentheses.
    On the log in page opening in local host I get the error: Parse error: parse error in C:\wamp\www\html\ma_nof.php on line 127
    The code there is:
    <?php
    $formName = "login1278953453093";
    if (NOF_fileExists("../scripts/ss_remembervalues.php")) include("../scripts/ss_remembervalues.php");
    }
    ?>
    there is 1 } to many; but this code is generated by NOF!

that is why I started thinking about database path and so on.
    Last edited by Reinoud; 07-12-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: additional info

Do you have the MySQL OSBC connecter installed?

Are you using Custom String and MySQL?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Yes and yes. I had some problems with the ODBC connector; see the other discussion on MYSQL were I finally found out that the connector should be 5. something. The thing is that the connector is not used for the datbase path in secure site.
    And i am wondering were this parse erro comes from.
    I used as a trial PHP login V 2.3 which looks nice... and that is working, but as said then the basic idea of generating the code with NOF is going down the drain and I can make all these pages by hand. I am not skilled enough to have the same page look and feel if I am going to start with writnig code in notepad!
    The connection to the database works for tables and I can input, update delete etc. Now I want to secure these pages.

The ODBC connector is only used when connecting locally. When you publish the site to the live web server, it's not required.

I personally haven't used the secure site components in years since I do my own PHP programming.

We do have a basic secure site Fusion template (that uses code I wrote) available on BeyondFusion.com, but it's a Fusion 11 template.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums

Default I used php login with some modifications

Chuck,

Thanks for the help. In the meanwhile i stumbled on php login v 2.3. The code was not flawless in this windows environment but with some small modifications it will work perfectly.
    I do not see how I can upload this file here, but if someone is interested you can mail me