Thread: Cannot update Fusion 9 after reinstall

Question Cannot update Fusion 9 after reinstall

I have had to reinstall my Fusion 9 upgrade disk in my new computer running Windows 7. The program runs, but I cannot update it to the later Fusion 9 updates. They all require a different build (I have build 5011). Without updating, I cannot access any of my saved ".nod" files from my websites. My requests for email support were bounced (although the NetObjects website states that version 9 is supported). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can break out of this circular path?

Quote Originally Posted by jrabow View Post
    I have had to reinstall my Fusion 9 upgrade disk in my new computer running Windows 7. The program runs, but I cannot update it to the later Fusion 9 updates. They all require a different build (I have build 5011). Without updating, I cannot access any of my saved ".nod" files from my websites. My requests for email support were bounced (although the NetObjects website states that version 9 is supported). Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can break out of this circular path?
    Have you downloaded the updates on the NetO site? http://netobjects.com/html/downloads.html (scroll down to the version 9 update section)

What happens when you select Tools > Check for Updates from the menu bar?

Are you running the updates as an administrator? Right click on the update file and select Run as Administrator.....

Are you using the NetO support web site to contact them? http://support.netobjects.com/
    Last edited by gotFusion; 08-01-2010 at 01:11 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks, but I've already tried all that. Can't install updates to 9.0 either automatically or manually (I receive the same "requires build #____" message), and I do attempt to install as administrator. The website has (apparently auto-)replied to my Ticket request for email help, directing me to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jrabow View Post
    Thanks, but I've already tried all that. Can't install updates to 9.0 either automatically or manually (I receive the same "requires build #____" message), and I do attempt to install as administrator. The website has (apparently auto-)replied to my Ticket request for email help, directing me to this forum.
    I would next suggest that you use windows add/remove software and uninstall fusion. Reboot then run the installer again as an administrator (right click and select run as admin). Set Fusion to run with admin privileges. http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037 Then try to run the latest update.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks so much, Mike. Your last solution worked, and I was able to update my Fusion 9.0 to Fusion 9.1 by installing updates 3, 4, & 5. This allowed me to open and re-save my existing website Fusion file. I believe that my problem was presuming that since I was logged on to Windows 7/64 as Administrator, that's all I needed to do. The trick was nevertheless to right-click on the setup.exe file on the DVD and change the properties/compatabilty setting to "run as administrator" for all users.

FYI, before trying the solution, I had also lowered the system User Account Control setting to the lowest level ("only notify if my computer is actually on fire", or something like that) because the default setting seemed to interfere with my windows explorer file menus, and I didn't see much added protection in the default setting as a practical matter.

Again, thanks for solving my problem. Now I can get back to building my new website.

Jerry Rabow
    Last edited by jrabow; 08-05-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo