Thread: PNG file transparency lost when adding text

Default PNG file transparency lost when adding text

Hello,

I wanted to use PNG file with transparency as navigation batton. When the text was added (Inside Net Object) to the image the file lost transparency. Does anyone have any suggestion what to do to keep the file transparent?

Thank you,

As soon as Fusion does anything to a graphic, it typically will process it as a JPG. If possible, you could try using a transparent GIF instead. Fusion might leave that as a GIF and maintain the transparency.

Otherwise, if you really need the transparency, you can create custom buttons for each menu item for all rollover states and manually assign them. It's a bit of a drag, but I've done it before.
    (In fact, on my own site. )

HTH
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in

If you want transparent navigation bar and NOF to correctly generate the words on the buttons, then it works just fine through the Style menu in NOF13
    Add another button set, and point your buttons' graphics to PNG files with the transparency you want. ( Eg photoshop Opacity 80% )
    Our test2 directory shows it working now, and soon it will be published as our main website page www.solarlightcap.com/html/index.html