Thread: problems publishing (server is earthlink)

Default problems publishing (server is earthlink)

I successfully built a site using NetObjects Fusion Elements. When I tried to publish it, I contacted Earthlink and was given the ftp host, directory, and user name to use. When I publish it I'm given a message that says the base directory doesn't exist and asks me to create one. Earthlink claims they see all the files but they aren't in the correct folder on the server because of the default in NetObjects. They say I need to contact you for help because I am not able to publish it as it is not recognized by my server. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle.norris View Post
    I successfully built a site using NetObjects Fusion Elements. When I tried to publish it, I contacted Earthlink and was given the ftp host, directory, and user name to use. When I publish it I'm given a message that says the base directory doesn't exist and asks me to create one. Earthlink claims they see all the files but they aren't in the correct folder on the server because of the default in NetObjects. They say I need to contact you for help because I am not able to publish it as it is not recognized by my server. Thank you.
    Where Fusion publishes content depends on the settings in your hosting FTP account and the settings in remote publish.

If your hosting FTP account already specifies the folder then you do not enter it into Fusion. If your hosting FTP account does not specify the folder you enter it into your Fusion remote publish settings.

So.... Does your hosting FTP account specify the folder that you upload to or....... ?

I would suggest that you download the free firezilla FTP program. Log into your hosting account and see where everything is. Once you find out where it is. It is easy to then put it where it should be

Here is the download URL for firezilla http://filezilla-project.org/
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz