Thread: Question About NetObjects Fusion Essentials Compatibility

Default Question About NetObjects Fusion Essentials Compatibility

I was just hoping somebody could help me out with a question about the save file compatibility between Essentials and 7. Basically, a friend of mine wanted me to help him out with his website. He built it using NetObjects 7. Now, what I'm going to do is kind of redesign it for him. The problem is that I've only used NetObjects 11, and he's too stubborn to upgrade to any other version, even Essentials. So my question is, if I get NetObjects Fusion Essentials and design the site through there, will he be able to open the save file in NetObjects 7 and edit things, or are they not compatible?

No, he cannot open the site/template in NOF7.
    Fusion Essentials is NOF 7,5. And it´s not possible to open a template from a lower version.

But, tell your friend, there are hardly any changes between NOF7 and NOF Essentials.
    He will open up the Essentials version and will feel at home straight on , no worries.

So convince him to download Essentials and there should n´t be any problems.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by mia; 08-11-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I will have to try harder to convince him to switch over to Fusion Essentials.