Thread: E-Commerce with Registration Solution

Default E-Commerce with Registration Solution

I had planned to use Mike's goFusion Tutorial solution to implement E-Commerce. However, in investigating Mals, I learned that his site doesn't support Customer Registration. Most of our customers are periodic/repeat customers and I think they would be put off by entering all there info over and over again each time they ordered (they may prefer to enter their CC info each time). In any case, are there free/low cost E-Commerce solutions that offer Customer Registration? I looked at Shopsite and I believe only their "pro" version supports Customer Registration which is quite expensive for a start-up with less than 12 products.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Best,
    Rob

When we put together our store we purchased cart software, then customized it extensively to fit our requirements.

If you need more than what is considered "normal" you may end up doing the same thing.

Find a cart that fits most of your needs and one that is written in a language that you can program in AND one that comes with source AND the rights to modify it
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yikes, I don't think we have time to do extensive customization. I guess there is no vendor out there that has a Mal's like interface with registration? Our products are pretty straight forward and would probably work with most any cart. So I don't think that is where our issue is. I was hoping that there would be a smaller/cheaper version of Shopsite as we wouldn't know what to do with most of their "pro" features. If anyone has a suggestion I would be most grateful and investigate.

Best,
    Rob

There are a lot of carts that have returning customer log in as standard.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz