Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Never Ending Netfusion Issues (Back to the house of Pain)

  1. #1

    Default Never Ending Netfusion Issues (Back to the house of Pain)

    My first problem is an Oldy but goody.

    A long Long Time ago in a Netfusion Error far far away I had this problem and can't remeber the fix.

    I go to Custom Components->Standard Components->google search (or other free components) and move to my web page with the crosshairs to draw out the box and after I click and see a white box appear it flashes off and the emperor says "Your Failure is Complete!".

    Who knows what the fix for this is, and I would like help to take less than the week or two that it took last time so I can move on to the next bug and maybe start to build a netfusion client base again.

    I understand new Management ACTUALLY wants this product to be sold off the shelf again!

    (This question has been sent to support w/o any answers yet)
    Last edited by Duftopia; 08-14-2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

  2. #2
    Senior Member chuckj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.beyondfusion.com - Florida
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    What OS are you using?

    If Win7, have you installed the latest Java JRE and told Fusion to use it in application settings?

    Are you running 11 as Administrator?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

  3. #3

    Default

    This problem actually got fixed. The solution was to run as administrator the first time then close fusion and re-open it and the problem goes away. Sorry about that.

    The OS I am using is windows 7, I've installed all the latest JAVA but see no way to tell fusion how to use it.

    Problem #2: since fusion 8.5 or 9 loading pages has become slower and slower. I now run on a core i7 920 at 2.66 with JUST Fusion running and a page takes 1.34 minutes to load (50,200 and 800 Page sites all the same).

    However after running an optimize (2+ minutes) the pages take 4-7 seconds to load. When I save the site after an optimize w/o making any changes the site will revert to 1.34 minutes to load again, the cpu reports less than 5% useage, less than 2 gigs of memory used, fusion is set to highh priority and running alone!

    Whats the hang-up bad HD I/O coding, or corrupt DB saving (which I suspect to be more likely).

    Michael

  4. #4
    Senior Member Adendum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London (UK) & Granada (Spain)
    Posts
    926

    Default

    JAVA: From the menu - TOOLS>OPTIONS>APPLICATION>Java Runtime Environment drop down.

    PROBLEM #2 : When I first read your post it looked like you have a site with 50,200 pages!
    No idea if this will help but it's got to be worth a try. Delete all unused assets first, then re-optimise and then export the site as a template. Close down the NOD. Create a new site from the template.

    Saying that though - an 800 page site is going to have an effect. NOF generates the html, so it's got a whole load to do with a site that big.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

  5. #5

    Default

    I've tried the following

    1) Delete all unesed assets
    2) Optimize
    3) Export entire site to template w/o save un-used assets option checked
    4) Reload template to work partitiion and also to Primary C drive paritition

    They all fail, if I only do step #1 it fails, if I do all 4 steps even to a c primary partition on step #5 it fails.

    Right after an OPTIMIZE page loading speeds up, after saving and reloading the problem returns.
    IF I optimize w/o changing anything and save - the problem returns the next time I re-load the site

    Total Pages in the site have no apparent effect on this bug

    I now run a core i7 2.56 ghz 6 gigs ram, 2 GPUs with only fusion running, task master states 15% cpu, and 2 gigs or less used, program always indicates "not responding".

    Duf

  6. #6
    Senior Member chuckj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.beyondfusion.com - Florida
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    I'm running a similar hardware setup to yours with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Core i7 920 processor, 6GB ram but with a single nVidia GTX 260 card.

    Fusion 11 is lightning fast.

    Fusion is installed in it's default location on the c drive. User Sites is on a different drive. Been doing that since the Fusion 7 days.

    Prior to this I was running Vista Ultimate 64-bit on the same hardware. No Fusion issues on it either.

    When I've helped users diagnose problems like yours in the past, it was almost always a result of pasting in content with embedded formatting from Word or Excel. That and/or anti-virus/firewall interference.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

  7. #7

    Default

    Hi Duf-

    The behavior you describe is rare and as Chuck suggests, usually the result of user generated / imported code.

    Let's try to figure out what's wrong. Please send me a private message (link in top nav) and we'll discuss ways to troubleshoot your site.
    John Walker
    NetObjects Technical Support

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •