Thread: Inserting scripts into a page

Thumbs down Inserting scripts into a page

I have been totally stymied!! I have tried to insert the following code into a quote page and it either ends up at the top of the page over the header, the bottom under the footer but never in the layout area. I finally published the site using an image as a placeholder, pulled the page down via ftp, edited it in notepad, and replaced the page that was generated by NOF 11. My two main considerations are:
    1. There HAS to be an easier way
    2. When I save the site, the actual script will not be saved so if I change it in the future I will have to figure out how I did this once again.

The code I want to insert is created in CoffeeCup Web Form Builder (a VERY simple form builder)

it is as follows:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script><div id="CC4746875">Form Object</div><script type="text/javascript">var so = new SWFObject("cbrianqote.swf", "cbrianqote.xml", "582", "511", "7,0,0,0", "#ffffff");so.addParam("classid", "clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000");so.addParam("quality", "high");so.addParam("scale", "noscale");so.addParam("salign", "lt");so.addParam("FlashVars", "xmlfile=cbrianqote.xml&w=582&h=511");so.write("CC 4746875");</script>

the page I am trying to do this in is the quote page of the website

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalk View Post
    I have been totally stymied!! I have tried to insert the following code into a quote page and it either ends up at the top of the page over the header, the bottom under the footer but never in the layout area. I finally published the site using an image as a placeholder, pulled the page down via ftp, edited it in notepad, and replaced the page that was generated by NOF 11. My two main considerations are:
    1. There HAS to be an easier way
    2. When I save the site, the actual script will not be saved so if I change it in the future I will have to figure out how I did this once again.

The code I want to insert is created in CoffeeCup Web Form Builder (a VERY simple form builder)

it is as follows:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script><div id="CC4746875">Form Object</div><script type="text/javascript">var so = new SWFObject("cbrianqote.swf", "cbrianqote.xml", "582", "511", "7,0,0,0", "#ffffff");so.addParam("classid", "clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000");so.addParam("quality", "high");so.addParam("scale", "noscale");so.addParam("salign", "lt");so.addParam("FlashVars", "xmlfile=cbrianqote.xml&w=582&h=511");so.write("CC 4746875");</script>

the page I am trying to do this in is the quote page of the website

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Go to where you wish the script to display and draw a text box. If one already exists double click in it to enter edit mode.

Press CTRL + T to bring up the HTML dialog box and paste the code into it
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thumbs up Thank you

I could not find that info anywhere.

Default Still having some issues

Again, thank you but there is still a problem. When I publish the site and view the page, I see an empty page except for a small text field that says "Form Object". But no form in the layout area.

The page I edited outside of NOF looks like Image1

The page I created using NOF and the CTRL + T looks like image2

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2..jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1..jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	380  
    Last edited by Marshalk; 08-15-2010 at 05:58 AM.

Again, thank you but there is still a problem. When I publish the site and view the page, I see an empty page except for a small text field that says "Form Object". But no form in the layout area.......
    What am I missing?
    Apart from following Mike's instructions for adding the code, you need to upload all the files created by Coffecup into the same folder where your html page is - it lists them all above the 'Upload now' button' if you're using another program to upload. (The Coffeecup built-in ftp facility is easy enough for this)
    If your site uses the default NOF file layout, you'll need to upload the files to the /html/ folder, unless it's on your home page.

Get into the habit of saving your Coffeecup files into a subfolder of your NOF website files on your computer. That way you always know where your form is, and it makes backing up easier. To make changes to the form, of course you'll need to use Coffeecup and upload the files again.

p.s the other Coffeecup software such as photo gallery, web search etc uses the same principle.

Ken
    Last edited by Trimdoner; 08-15-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: added info

One of my hosting clients passed this site along to me. It is an online forms processing site. You generate the form code on their site, use CTRL+T to paste it into Fusion and that is it. All of the forms processing is handled by their web site. It is the simplest way for a novice to have working no hassle forms.

http://www.123contactform.com/

Their free form has a text link back to their web site. Their paid one does not (and has more features).

here are some examples of how the look on the web http://www.123contactform.com/samples.html
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Default If you are still having problems ...

Again, thank you but there is still a problem. When I publish the site and view the page, I see an empty page except for a small text field that says "Form Object". But no form in the layout area.

The page I edited outside of NOF looks like Image1

The page I created using NOF and the CTRL + T looks like image2

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
    I had the same problem, but followed the instructions on this forum re: creating a text box (thanks!). The resulting page load displayed the Form Object text, as yours did, but not the form.

What worked for me was to upload the form files into the site's HTML directory on my server -- that is, the same location my .html page that had the form was stored.

Kiz

I beleive I have the "uploades" saved in my html folder on all the local versions of my site - i cannot get the same results as you see on the site iteself, where I loaded those same files in the html folder on the web host

What is the URL of the page?