Thread: Netfusion 11 Errors in Development & Software Bugs under Windows 7

Default Netfusion 11 Errors in Development & Software Bugs under Windows 7

I have a slowdown in development in fusion 11 and many of the previous versions.

After Opening up my website(s), I click on a page I am developing and have to wait 1.34 Minutes for it to open.

I am now on a core i7 2.56 ghz machine with 6 gigs of ram

In the task bar the program says "not responding" but this has been true with my previous machines as well, the process is moving along and in the case with my core i7 its using about %15 of the cpu with NOTHING else running and set to High Priority.

IF I optimize my website(s) the speed returns to normal, however whether I made or did not make changes to my website saving and re-opening it even after an optimize causes the page loading to slow down.

Any Suggestions.
    Duf

Quote Originally Posted by Duftopia View Post
    I have a slowdown in development in fusion 11 and many of the previous versions.

After Opening up my website(s), I click on a page I am developing and have to wait 1.34 Minutes for it to open.

I am now on a core i7 2.56 ghz machine with 6 gigs of ram

In the task bar the program says "not responding" but this has been true with my previous machines as well, the process is moving along and in the case with my core i7 its using about %15 of the cpu with NOTHING else running and set to High Priority.

IF I optimize my website(s) the speed returns to normal, however whether I made or did not make changes to my website saving and re-opening it even after an optimize causes the page loading to slow down.

Any Suggestions.
    Duf
    Do you have the Fusion program set to run with admin privileges? See this tutorial for details http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I tried the tutorial settings but the speed did not change.

OKAY Now I'm screwed, I went to change these features back to "not run as administrator" and have a "Microsoft visual c++ runtime library - programs.. ..../netobjects fusion11/fusion.exe" Abnormal program termination.

And I have to TRY a system restore which means all my work for the day in fusion will be lost!!!, Yet another fusion bug thats been around for years.

This is ridiculous.

Here is the results:

Switching on "run as administrator" and using "JRE 1.6 java lib" Cripples Fusion 11.

To Recover from this I had to switch on run in XP mode and the above and in the end added 1 extra click to open fusion, 1.45 minutes to load a page and another 30 seconds to release the page for editing for a total gain of 30 seconds.

To QUICKLY recover from this I had to restore my system registry which in turn damaged 30 minutes of work i did earlier in the even ONLY in the netfusion application.

However I just tried to load a page and it took 1.22 seconds. and I did not have to go to an image file to recover from the damage.

I don't see how 2 SWITCHES can cause irreversable damage to the application!!

Duf-

You never responded to my offer to help you troubleshoot your problem. (http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...-house-of-Pain)).

I assure you "run as administrator" using JRE 1.6 does not "Cripple Fusion 11". None of the symptoms you describe are "Errors in Development" or " Yet another fusion bug thats been around for years".

We're willing to help you identify the cause of the problems you're experiencing. Please send me a private message.
    John Walker
    NetObjects Technical Support