Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Center in browser problem

Since NOF makes tables out of everything you do, when you create a page and place objects, it's far better to create the tables yourself.
    For start use a fixed width for all you pages, 990px is pretty decent. This is when people with a 1024x768 monitor don't have a scroller in the bottom.
    Create one or more tables in the masterborder, if you use a header, the table for the header has to fill the whole width of the page.
    Create one or more tables for the layout, with one big cell or with more cells, so you can place your pictures and text properly. These tables have to stretch on the right hand side up to 990px as well.
    If you learn how to create formats for your cells, it's very easy to place text right in the position where you want to have it.

Do do want to have a look at a tut a friend of mine made?
    It's in german, but it shows a lot of screenshots. This might give an idea what I mean.
    http://www.nof-academy.de/Ein%20eige...n-layouts.html
    This is the part of the tutorial where she shows how to create a design with tables.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

I see what your saying. But that tutorial must be for a much new ver. of NOF than what I use (7). I have all my images in cells right now (was trying to go for the picture frame look), and my top banner isn't as big as the entire top of the pages, it has 3 images and I cant adjust them within a cell freely like I do in the layout. I'll keep experimenting to see what works. Who knows what it will look like in the end.
    "Every morning is the dawn of a new error"

This tutorial was made with version 9.
    Carry on experimenting.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Well, success! Pages all the same size, centering techniques in place and FancyBox implemented. A few bugs on the page with some of the links as it's hosted on a Unix server so I have a few case sensitive errors...
    Next will be a floating java menu to replace the frame. Still working on that one. Will be quite the stretch for me. Thanks for the help.
    "Every morning is the dawn of a new error"