Thread: Can't connect to server

Default Can't connect to server

This week rebuilt an old site I have not updated or uploaded in a few years. Have one other site working fine with NOF; both are hosted with different companies. The second site (the one just rebuilt) is not allowing me to connect to the server. Spoke with tech support at the hosting company and they guided me through many adjustments on my computer and made sure all the right info was in the publish settings. After an hour, finally got a connection with Filezilla and they say the problem must be with NOF.
    Is this possible, that one site uploads with no problem and the other can't find the server? Is it NOF or do I need to find I new hosting company? HELP

Quote Originally Posted by comicart View Post
    This week rebuilt an old site I have not updated or uploaded in a few years. Have one other site working fine with NOF; both are hosted with different companies. The second site (the one just rebuilt) is not allowing me to connect to the server. Spoke with tech support at the hosting company and they guided me through many adjustments on my computer and made sure all the right info was in the publish settings. After an hour, finally got a connection with Filezilla and they say the problem must be with NOF.
    Is this possible, that one site uploads with no problem and the other can't find the server? Is it NOF or do I need to find I new hosting company? HELP
    As long as you put the correct info into your remote profile you WILL connect.

Here is my hosting tutorial on how to set up Fusion for gotFusion web hosting (this is just an example, use the settings given to you by YOUR hosting company as gotFusion hosting details will not get you to your domain ).

http://www.gotfusion.com/support/kno...cfm?itemID=441

You can try to toggle passive mode on and off (select on and try, then select off and try).
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz