Thread: Using Net Objects nPower 10

Default Using Net Objects nPower 10

When retrieving a web site previously built with NetObjects 10, I was trying to use nPower 10.
    It refers to a .NFC file but does not say where to find it.
    I did a search on my computer and no such file exists.
    How do I find the NFC file, I would appreciate your advise.
    kevsim

Hello All,
    I finally worked out how to make a NFC file, there must be a folder placed on the server that it can refer to.
    nPower 10 works very well, no problems so far.
    kevsim

Kevsim,

Good luck with that! A word of warning though...don't get to rely on nPower for a couple of reasons.

1. At some stage you are going to upgrade NOF and once you open your NOD file in v11 or whatever you upgrade to your nPower capabilities go down the plughole.
    2. No idea how/why you are using nPower but don't consider it a backup resource. Use the "export to template" and save these .zip files somewhere safe - it's the best habit you can ever get into.

For the record I was an avid user of nPower for about 12 months and I got all my clients using it. But they hated it...no loathed it with a vengeance...and frankly it caused more upset, grief and unpaid work for me so I'm not a fan, no longer use it and have converted all my client sites into CMS sites.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Adendum
    Thank you for the info.
    What are "CMS sites?"
    kevsim

Content Managment Sites - where you design and build and the client or whoever updates the content.
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM

Adendum,
    If you and the clients do not use nPower, what do they use for updating?
    kevsim

Kevsim,

I now use SurrealCMS for almost all my client sites. Check them out here. The client simply uses their browser to edit their site. The developer assigns DIVs to editable areas of the page, so you can control what is editable and what isn't. When published and uploaded Surreal takes in the editable areas of the page and you assign editors. The editor then browses to Surreal's edit-content.com or with the Pro version you use a cname change and my clients browse to my site (they think) and edit from there...all via the browser. You can set up a free account to see what is possible and how easy it is to use. If you have more than three clients I think you'll end up going for a Pro account too.

Adendum,
    Thanks for the info, I will try it out.

kevsim