Thread: When choosing no borders on a table, they are still coming up when I publish the site

Default When choosing no borders on a table, they are still coming up when I publish the site

I have Netobjects 11 and I created a website with tables. On the tables I chose to have 0 for the border size but when I publish the site, I can still see the border. I have the border set at 0 and the color set at automatic. Can someone please tell me why the border is still showing up even after choosing the 0 border option. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 915855 View Post
    I have Netobjects 11 and I created a website with tables. On the tables I chose to have 0 for the border size but when I publish the site, I can still see the border. I have the border set at 0 and the color set at automatic. Can someone please tell me why the border is still showing up even after choosing the 0 border option. Thank you in advance.
    Can you post a link to the problem page?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thumbs up

I would often get this, but haven't had to deal with it lately. What I found is, if you play with the settings in the Table Properties box, at some point when you set Border to zero, it remains at something like '1'. When that happened, I would create a new table, immediately set the border to '0', and copy my data over from the other table.

I think I've just figured out the trigger: if at any point you change the border color (Brdr Color), the border gets "stuck". Even if you set color to "Automatic", which you've obviously done in trying to remove it.

If you select a table and look at the CSS Property Sheet, you likely see that your table borders have a color assigned to them. See below:

When you first create a table, those four border colors are BLANK, but once you touch the color setting in the Table Properties panel, that CSS code gets set, and the border won't go away. If that's the case, beside "border-style" use the pull-down to select "none" as shown, and it should be gone.

HTH

P.S. If you don't see the CSS Property Sheet, go to View / More Panels -> / CSS Property Sheet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSS-Prop-Table..jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	484  
    Last edited by RayC; 09-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    Ray Cambpell
    Sounds In Sync
    Linked in