Thread: pdf files?

Default pdf files?

I have an old version of NetObjects and want to add pdf files to my web site. Can someone firstly give a brief explanation of what they are?
    I want to copy something sent via email and add it to my site: How do I do this? It's something that will need to be viewed and printed from my site. Am I right in thinking that this can only be done in pdf? On previous occasions I have been able to copy/paste and reduce the size of the document but this is far from ideal. On this occasion the documents are full A4 size and need to be printed as such.
    Thank you.

Pepper,

PDF files are portable document files courtesy of Adobe Acrobat and can be created from pretty much any application like Word, Excel, Open Office and so on. There are many free PDF creators on the web. Try Googling that phrase. The Adobe web site or Wiki will give a thorough explanation for you.

Using PDFs to print A4 sized documents from the web is probably the best method but there are many alternatives, many of which will depend on your personal likes and capabilities.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Thank you Adendum. My capabilities are limited - could you please give an ABC sort of guide for the best option to display /print my docs? They are already in pdf / adobe - how do I get them to the web site etc?

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Thank you Adendum. My capabilities are limited - could you please give an ABC sort of guide for the best option to display /print my docs? They are already in pdf / adobe - how do I get them to the web site etc?
    The easiest way is to create a link to them.

Enter some text such as "read the pdf file"
    Highlight it and click the link button
    Select File Link
    Navigate to the PDF file and select it.

Fusion will automatically upload the file and create a link so that it can be viewed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fileLink..gif 
Views:	200 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	490  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

And to add to that it's just as easy to add a small Acrobat PDF icon on the page and link from that instead or as well as the text link.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!