Thread: jpg is not recognized

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default jpg is not recognized

I want to insert a jpg into a page. Some jpgs, downloaded from the camera, are not recognized as a jpg. If I use photoshop elements and use "save for web", then there is no problem. I have used Paint to save to a png with no problem. Any idea why NetObjects does not recognize some of my jpgs.
    thanks

Could be colour depth, could be file size or maybe the jpg compression from the camera isn't understood by NOF. You're better off re-sizing all images to the desired size and saving as with PS anyway (IMHO)
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

I am having a simillar problem... only I am using .jpgs that I have previously used in NOF 8 and worked fine.. now not so much... a little history...
    I have been using NOF 8 for years with no issues.. for my company web site... my computer crashed bad and had to have the hard drive reformatted and all programs reinstalled... so this is all fresh now. I pull my existing site back into NOF and many of the .jpgs are not recognized any more... they were previously.. pulling what is left of my hair out.. and ofcourse I need to make an update to the site and I am struggling with this issue.

Please help!

Hi,

Are you saying that when you open your NOD file and look at a page you are seeing a placeholder for the images that has a red cross in it? Or something else?
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM

I am having this problem, too. My old computer running Windows 2000 Pro crashed. I switched to a newer computer running Windows XP. I installed NetObjects Fusion 8 and attempted to reload my website from a backup copy. None of the photos are recognized. In my frustration I decided to rebuild the website from scratch. Several of the exact photos I had used previously were still on my memory card in my camera. I downloaded them to the new pc and those same photos which were previously recognized by NOF 8 are now replaced by a place holder with a black X and a red excalamation point which states Unsupported Picture Format. I have tried editing the photos in Photoshop, Paint, and Kodak software to no avail. I have also tried downloading them directly from the existing site online using "save this picture as" and they still are unrecognized. My website is in dire need of an update. Please help.

Zip up one of the offending images and upload to your server and post a link to it here.