Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jpg is not recognized

Are you sure that Fusion isn't looking in one place and you have the images in another?
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

This is kind of confusing but here is a thought...it's been a long time since I have used NOF 8 (in Abbey's case) but if she just opened up the backup, renamed it and stuck the pictures back in the assets folder or Local Publish folder, they may not show up. Ya know, NOF has a way of renaming files (photos included) when a duplicate shows up or if NOF tries editing it as in optimizing for example. In Abbey's case, you might take at your assets and see if the files are there or if NOF is looking for maybe 1_filename.jpg or something similar....

Just a thought.........

David B.

For purposes of clarifying my situation, here is a detailed chain of events: In ~2007 I purchased and installed NOF 8 on my pc running Windows 200 Pro. I built and uploaded my website to the server with no problems. Periodically (about 2X/mo) I updated and uploaded a new version of the site to my server. In March of 2011 my computer crashed. I had everything backed up to cd except my website, an obviously distressing oversight on my part. Unable to access anything on my old pc, I was forced to begin using a newer pc running Windows XP. I installed NOF 8 and began to recover pictures from the server using the "save picture as" feature of the right mouse click. As I attempted to use these photos in NOF 8, they were unrecognizable. I then attempted using photos from a back-up cd. They were unrecognizable as well. I then downloaded photos from my camera, as was my procedure with my old pc, and incidentally, exactly the same photos that I had previously used, and they were unrecognizable as well. I then attempted editing photos from all previously mentioned sources in Photoshop, Kodak, and Paint. Again, they are unrecognizable. I have un-installed and re-installed and updated NOF 8 on this new pc 3 times now, and still have the same issue of NOF 8 not recognizing jpg photos. I am at a loss as to how to proceed with NOF at this time.

Chuckj - When I try to insert a jpg, I click the photo icon, draw a box on the page in NOF 8 where I want the photo to appear, browse my pc for the pic, and open the pic with the "Save a copy to assets" radio button checkmarked. The error message is not "file not found" it is "Unsupported Picture Format".

wtpooh55 - The most recent backup cd I had of my website was from 2008 when I copied the entire website folder from the NetObjectsFusion8 folder to cd. It was completely outdated, but still had the same format. However, because of the nature of my site, none of the photos were current and all needed to be replaced. This is when I noticed the problem. I am not able to use any of those photos because they are obsolete. Instead I am attempting to use the original photos I had either by chance backed up, found on my camera, or downloaded from my server.

Try opening a photo in a graphics program and saving it back out.

If these are pictures direct from a digital camera, there may be header info in the file that Fusion doesn't recognize.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

I tried that with Photoshop, Kodak Easy Share, and Paint. Still not recognizable.

Abby,

If you can open and view these images in other applications then the issue HAS to be with NOF. If we assume that is the case (that you CAN see these images in any other Windows application) then maybe start by trying other image formats - gifs for example. If NOF fails there then it's a ticket to support I think.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!