Thread: Publishing website - Have problem, need your help

Default Publishing website - Have problem, need your help

Hello,

I am using Windows 7 and NOF 11. I have used "properties" on fusion.exe to logon as administrator, so know this shouldn't be my problem.

Here is what I am trying to do: I am trying to publish my entire site to "Local Publish". I then use CORE FTP to upload these published file to my website user development url: (www.dirmarketing.com/omla/index.html).

Everything has been working great, I've uploaded these files probably 20 times.

NOW, when I hit the publish site icon and start creating the published files, just before the process finishes I get the following message (I've shortened it because I think the early sub-directories aren't the problem).

"Can't create directory C:/"directory path"/msohtmlclip1/01/ where "directory path" are the various sub-directories where the last few subdirectories are: "AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/
    If you need the complete path, e-mail me and I'll gladly product it.

So, I can't publish my website until this is resolved. I'm on a tight timeframe with this. Any suggestions? Your feedback is respected and always appreciated. My e-mail is: dmg@dirmarketing.com.

DMG,

Sounds like a missing asset. Have you been into ASSETS VIEW and verified all assets?
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Are you using the latest JRE. see the last section of this page for details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037

If this does not clear up your issue go through the first 2 steps on this page: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

Clean up your work folders. See this page for details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029 Then do a full site publish.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

The second part worked. Thank you very much!!!!!

Dear All,
    I face a problem to upload webpages into 2 server, both of them seems very slow and cannot success after overnight. Either not completed all pages or neither pages can upload. I have 2 webpages and 2 different ISP hosting company. Both have same problem on NOF11.
    I try to stop virus program , firewalls and use NOF passive mode upload, but the line is very very slow to upload files....and eventually stop and I need to rebook.
    Please help !!!!

thanks
    Brian

By the way, I use NOF7 with no problem, after I upgrade to NOF11, with this problem, I try to change my internet plan from 6M/640K to 4M/4M plan since my ISP said my boardband width is to small to upload, but I don't agree since I did before for serveral years.

My email : brianay@gmail.com

Brianmay,

Have you tried a manual upload using an FTP client? Filezilla is a free one.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Try toggling passive FTP (change the setting) in your publish advanced settings.

Click the publish View Icon
    From the menu bar select Publish > Publish Settings
    Click the Advanced button
    Select the Advanced FTP tab
    change the check box setting for Passive Mode (uncheck or check which ever is different)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passiveMode..gif 
Views:	579 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	538
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz