Thread: Compatibility with win7

Default Compatibility with win7

Good evening everybody,

can anyone tell me how compatible NOF9 and Win7 are? If the versions are not 100% compatible, is there going to be an update for NOF9?

What exactly doesn't work?

I just heard rumors about it but can't test it because I'm still using Vista (with slight compatibility problems using v9). A user in my forums reports of not being able to replace navbar-buttons.

Best regards
    Barbara

Nobody dares tackling this one?

Well I made a few tests. Though there is a rumor here in germany that NOF 9 and Win7 are not compatible, I cannot confirm this.

Of course the programme has to be installed and run with administrator rights, the updates also should be run in the same manner.

Moreover, just in case there are problems encountered, the following procedures (some of them alternative) may help:

- Swith off "Aero" or run WIN 7 in windows XP compatibility-Modus
    - Save your projects in your documents, like you use to in NOF v 11 (this is particularly useful if you have a warning whenn running your mouse on the buttons in style view)
    - If nothing helps, install the programme not as suggested on drive C/programmes, but directly under C/:NetObjects.

This list is certainly not comprehensive, there may be a range of other aspects, I will keep you posted on new experiences.
    Last edited by barbara0701; 10-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Hallo,
    I work with vers.9 and use Vista . I can try what I want, it does not match together. If I use the design then the following error apairs and the programm chrashes :
    Die aktuellen Sicherheitseinstellungen erlauben keinen Download dieserDatei.
    Many thanks for help
    lupo