Thread: Newbie Needs Help with pdf

Question Newbie Needs Help with pdf

Linked a pdf form to an "apply now" icon...seems to look fine ...when I publish locally and test the icon link, I get an Acrobat error that says "file cannot be found".

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated...I've been trying this for days and searching the Forum but could not find any direct address of this issue.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pcp3293 View Post
    Linked a pdf form to an "apply now" icon...seems to look fine ...when I publish locally and test the icon link, I get an Acrobat error that says "file cannot be found".

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated...I've been trying this for days and searching the Forum but could not find any direct address of this issue.
    Thanks!
    Clean out your work folders and do a full site publish. See this page for details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Newbie Needs Help

Thanks for the tutorial link. I am using Fusion Essentials on Vista (if that matters). When I go through Explorer to the files (User Sites, Preview, etc.) it is looking for files of type .nod and shows no content...it doesn't even show my site file names there. However, when I go to the site through Fusion Essentials, I can see it there. Is it perhaps a Vista/Essentials combination issue?
    I do so appreciate your help! I have read quite a number of your posts and visisted your site & tuts over the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pcp3293 View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial link. I am using Fusion Essentials on Vista (if that matters). When I go through Explorer to the files (User Sites, Preview, etc.) it is looking for files of type .nod and shows no content...it doesn't even show my site file names there. However, when I go to the site through Fusion Essentials, I can see it there. Is it perhaps a Vista/Essentials combination issue?
    I do so appreciate your help! I have read quite a number of your posts and visisted your site & tuts over the past couple of weeks.
    The tutorial is for the current version but mentions the older versions.

The location in Fusion essentials is

C:\Program Files\NetObject\Netobjects Fusion Essentials\User Sites\(your project)\Local Publish\

C:\Program Files\NetObject\Netobjects Fusion Essentials\User Sites\(your project)\Preview\

(your project) would be the actual name of your web site project.

As another thought........

When you linked to your PDF file did you use the File link option?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fileLink..gif 
Views:	226 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	535
    Last edited by gotFusion; 10-05-2010 at 12:34 AM.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz