Thread: Different background for masterborder resp. layout

Default Different background for masterborder resp. layout

Hi,

is it possible to have a different background color for the masterborder and the layout?
    So far it seems that the background color defined in the CSS is used for both.
    Anybody knows how to do that (without hiding the button set).

Thx,
    Arie

A masterborder is an area not a physical "thing". If you want to have a different color in the masterborder area you will need to put either a layout region or single celled table with the background color set, then put your banner and have bar inside the layout region or table cell.

If you want to have the content a different color then the browser background this tutorial will tell you how to do this. http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/t...mID=4048#color
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi, i tried to use a sigle cell table but that does not work.
    I could not find what you mean with "a layout region" which would be the alternative for the table.
    Can you explain please?
    Thx.

Move everything out of your top masterborder (I take it you are asking about the top masterborder... IF NOT ask your question again and give more details).

Choose the layout region tool from the toolbar and draw a rectangle that covers the entire top masterborder area

Click on the background tab of the layout region properties palette and set the color you want.

Then put everything back into the masterborder (inside the layout region you created and set the background for).

You should now have a different color in your top masterborder than you do in the area below.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Ah, now I found where "layout region" tool is located (as a fly-out near the table tool).
    I just couldn't find it.
    Thx!!