Thread: Suggestions/Wish List for Fusion 12 - New Feature Requests Only

Default Suggestions/Wish List for Fusion 12 - New Feature Requests Only

Here is my wishlist for NOF12.

* Support for WebP, JPEG XR and other new image formats.

* HTML5 support

* Code Snippets- example: in a text box, the ability to click the HTML button in the property pallette and find a button for inserting scripts such as one for a date/timestamp which would display the current date and time each time a user visits a page. Currently I have to use my own script and manually insert it each time. Would be nice to have NOF predetermined scripts or the ability to add/store my own in Fusion 12.

* Ability to not have pages open in tabs in page view. When you edit many pages, this is annoying and slows down the application.

* Paid telephone support. They used to have this available back in Version 4 but then it was discontinued. Not to rag on the NOF people but I hate waiting days or weeks for a half-a**ed answer to my support question. I would rather pay and receive help NOW then have to wait for an answer that doesn't help me out in the least.

* Better "Component" tutorials. WSP started working on this and added a few, but even those were limited and didnt do much to address errors one receives when the published component didnt work properly. A component troubleshooting guide would be helpful.

* A better forms processing feature would also be great. A simple PHP script that took information from an NOF form and emailed it to me is all I think we are asking for.

* Updated themes/templates. The ones included with NOF 4-11 were good back in the 90's but now its 2010 and time to step it up a notch. Personally, I haven't published any site with a Fusion-style theme since 2000-2001.

* Component or "code snippet" option for easy integration of YouTube videos. I use a video-skin that wraps around my videos, but the only way I can get a YouTube video to work in NOF without bumping my video skin on the published page is to create a seperate HTML page for each video and add it to my NOF site using the External HTML component.

* Component for playing audio files/MP3s on a web page. Not just the Sound option in the Properties Palette but a simple player.

* An option to UNSUBSCRIBE from receiving counter reports. I receive a counter report each month for an old counter I used to use from the Counter component year ago... I get the email each month but there is no way to unsubscribe from receiving it.

* More control over eCommerce component. Look at what CoffeeCup has done with their Shopping Cart creator for an excellent example... even if NOF integrated the Coffee Cup Shopping Cart Creator directly into Fusion (after licensing it from Coffee Cup), Fusion would totally be worth more $$ and it would be easier to get Coffee Cup Shopping Cart Creator to play well with a NOF site.

Thats all I can think of for now. I'm sure I will have more but these are just my ideas, suggestions and wishes for NOF version 12. What does everyone else want to see in the new version?
    Dustin D.
    http://www.DustinDrorbaugh.com - Built w NetObjects Fusion 13
    http://www.Paula-Abdul.net - Built w NetObjects Fusion 13

Hello Dustin,
    Code Snippets- example: in a text box, the ability to click the HTML button in the property pallette and find a button for inserting scripts such as one for a date/timestamp which would display the current date and time each time a user visits a page. Currently I have to use my own script and manually insert it each time. Would be nice to have NOF predetermined scripts or the ability to add/store my own in Fusion 12.
    You can. Properties palette, HTML-Button, insert snippet

Ability to not have pages open in tabs in page view. When you edit many pages, this is annoying and slows down the application.
    Do you mean the page-preview with the selction of pages? You can deactivate that.

Paid telephone support. They used to have this available back in Version 4 but then it was discontinued. Not to rag on the NOF people but I hate waiting days or weeks for a half-a**ed answer to my support question

Ask your questions here, we will answer usually within minutes or hours.

Component or "code snippet" option for easy integration of YouTube videos. I use a video-skin that wraps around my videos, but the only way I can get a YouTube video to work in NOF without bumping my video skin on the published page is to create a seperate HTML page for each video and add it to my NOF site using the External HTML component
    There are pretty easy ways, if you want you can ask in a separate thread.

Just a selection I didn't read everything. Thanks for your suggestions