Thread: Can't publish website - once again need your help

Default Can't publish website - once again need your help

Hello,

It seems everythjimg I think everything is done and ready to go, I get some sort of error or another. I just got this one:

Cant create directory C;users/,my name,,/documents/Net Objects Fusion 11.0/user sites/website name/local publish/:/users/Greg/AppData/local/temp/msohtmlclip1/01/

I went to "assets" and verified assets and deleted all unused assets. In "site View" I re-optimized, still get the error.

Any ideas anybody? I don't want to abuse this group as you all provide a valuable asset, especially to us newbies, but after "Googling" the problem, I still find nothing and end up here. Thanks once again for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by DmgGuy View Post
    Hello,

It seems everythjimg I think everything is done and ready to go, I get some sort of error or another. I just got this one:

Cant create directory C;users/,my name,,/documents/Net Objects Fusion 11.0/user sites/website name/local publish/:/users/Greg/AppData/local/temp/msohtmlclip1/01/

I went to "assets" and verified assets and deleted all unused assets. In "site View" I re-optimized, still get the error.

Any ideas anybody? I don't want to abuse this group as you all provide a valuable asset, especially to us newbies, but after "Googling" the problem, I still find nothing and end up here. Thanks once again for your help...
    Hi DmgGuy,

Are you running the program as Administrator? You can follow the steps outlined in the thread below:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...indows-Vista-7
    Adam
    NetObjects Technical Support

Hi, Yes I am. I'm running NOF 11, Windows 7 and running as administrator. Your thoughts?

Don't know if there's any connection to your publish problem, but 'msohtmlclip' refers to a virus

It's sheer coincidence I was reading a forum article that mentioned this filename about five minutes before I looked in here, so I can't help you more on that score. Maybe Google can help?

Actually, whilst anything can be associated with a virus, I wouldn't agree with Trimdoner here. msohtmlclip usually just relates to MS Office and likely means you've probably cut and paste from Word or Outlook and you've therefore pulled some code in which is bad. You should never do that, you should always paste as plain text as has been discussed many times before in this forum. The unfortunate thing for you is you will have to remember the page/s you might have done that on and recreate it/them without cutting and pasting and delete the original offending page out of your project.

Tom Dunne

Default Re: Can't publish website - once again need your help

I had this problem once before, and I can't remember exactly what it
    was...It's simple, though.

Check your publish settings.
    1)Make sure you created a new FTP publish
    2)Name it
    3) At SERVER, enter the url for site
    4) at username, enter the ftp name you have with your hosting company
    5) enter password, then hit "test connection"

If I think of exactly what the problem was for me, I'll write back
    Tom
    "DmgGuy" <DmgGuy.4iudvz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> wrote in message
    newsmgGuy.4iudvz@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com...
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > It seems everythjimg I think everything is done and ready to go, I get
    > some sort of error or another. I just got this one:
    >
    > Cant create directory C;users/,my name,,/documents/Net Objects Fusion
    > 11.0/user sites/website name/local
    > publish/:/users/Greg/AppData/local/temp/msohtmlclip1/01/
    >
    > I went to "assets" and verified assets and deleted all unused assets.
    > In "site View" I re-optimized, still get the error.
    >
    > Any ideas anybody? I don't want to abuse this group as you all provide
    > a valuable asset, especially to us newbies, but after "Googling" the
    > problem, I still find nothing and end up here. Thanks once again for
    > your help...
    >
    >

Hello,

I used MS Publisher to originally create a website, and have used Publisher for many years. I upgraded to NOF 11 for many reasons. I DID copy and paste text from text boxes from Publisher to NOF 11. Any photo, I highlighted it in Publisher then saved as a picture to my NOF 11 Assets, so I think I should be ok there. I'm going to take all the text I pasted and run it unformatted through Notepad then reformat. I'll let you all know what happens. Thanks...

Default Update -

I remembered that I had two photos from the MS Publisher site that I just copied and pasted instead of right clicking on them and saving them to NOF 11 Assets. I deleted them, and viola.... I can now publisher my NOF 11 website. Thanks to all who sent their ideas and help!

Thanks for the help. I ran a full cfile virus check, no viruses. However, check my "Update" message. I found out what the problem was. Thanks again!