Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coolmaps shows but wont work in NOF10

Angry Coolmaps shows but wont work in NOF10

I have NOF essentials running on my XP Home computer and I installed coolmaps ver 8.01 which works fine.
    I also installed NOF 10 and tried to install Coolmaps Goldmine 8.01 so it would work with version 10. The Coolmaps installer can not see Ver 10 and therefore after reading the posts, I copied the coolmaps folder from Netobjects Essentials and pasted it into the folder program Files / Netobjects / NetObjects Fusion 10.0 / Components / coolmaps.
    When I open NOF10, I see all the Coolmaps components but when adding them to a page, they dissapear / dont work.
    I opened the properties of Fusion / Fusion.exe / Compatibility tab. There is no option to run as administrator so I presume this is not the problem.
    Any ideas how to get this working in NOF10?

Thanks

HI Bert547

I have read that post but have a problem as do not have that tick box to enable this - see attached screen shot. Is this a windows XP setup problem or does XP not have this tick box option?

Last edited by drslim; 10-15-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling & formatting

Quote Originally Posted by drslim View Post
    HI Bert547

I have reads that post but have a problem as do not have that tick box to enable this - see attached screen shot. Is this a windows setup problem?
    Windows changed the way it interfaces with software starting at the release of vista. Older OS like XP do not need to give permission for software to write to protected areas which is why you do not see the option in XP....

Which components are you having difficulty with? I have not used the coolmaps components in about 10 years but will try to help you out.

Some of the components need to be modified to work with later versions of Fusion. Here is a tutorial on which ones and how to modify them if you want to look at this first: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=420
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi,

I read that thread but unfortunately i do not have the individual installation components. I have them all in 1 file ie GoldMine.
    None of them work - they all show but when trying to place onto the page, they do not action.

once the components are installed (you run the exe file and install them)... they are individual components in your components folder.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Sorry, lost you there.
    I installed Goldmine into NOF7.5 and copied the coolmaps folder from 7.5 to ver10. If I try to re-install Goldmine, it still only finds NOF7.5.
    Yes, they show up in NOF10 in the Components / coolmaps folder. What do I do now?? The JAR files are already unzipped. Do I unzip them again?

If you use CuteZip just click on the .jar file and open it. Or right click on the ,jar file and "open with CuteZip" it will just open right up for you displaying the files and folders.

I'm pretty sure you need Goldmine version 9 to work with Fusion 9 and above.

Probably why you're having trouble getting the components to work wirg Fusion 10.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Thanks.
    I dont have winzip or cutezip, just the std windows zip software on XP.
    Have to download a trial or free version - does anyone know of any links for freeware / trial versions?

############# Thanks everyone fr your help, all working fine ####################
    Last edited by drslim; 10-16-2010 at 06:34 AM.