Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Center in browser problem

Default Center in browser problem

Hi,

I'm using Fusion Essentials software and to want my website to be centered in browser and it works ok until I add any action to any object on the site. Then no matter if in layout properties "Center in browser" is marked or not the site always appears on the left.

It would be great if someone could help me on this.

Thanks and best regards,
    Marcin

Quote Originally Posted by ms82 View Post
    Hi,

I'm using Fusion Essentials software and to want my website to be centered in browser and it works ok until I add any action to any object on the site. Then no matter if in layout properties "Center in browser" is marked or not the site always appears on the left.

It would be great if someone could help me on this.

Thanks and best regards,
    Marcin
    Have you tried using one of these methods? http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4044
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I have but these does not work.

I have but these does not work.
    Can you post a URL of a problem page?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Here is a work in progress page:
    www.bmhockey.com/test

Currently there is an action on the Easton logo.

Make sure you have your publish method set to Dynamic output (see screenshot)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siteDynamicLayou&#116.gif 
Views:	457 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	394  

It is set to Dynamic. The page is also not centered in a "Page Preview" so I don't think it's a publishing problem.

I think it's a problem of the action script as it somehow overrides "center".

It is set to Dynamic. The page is also not centered in a "Page Preview" so I don't think it's a publishing problem.

I think it's a problem of the action script as it somehow overrides "center".
    You may have to make a choice between actions and centering.

I was able to get the page to center by editing the code and removing the primary layer div.

http://www.gotfusion.com/user/untitled1.html

This could have been written by the action you are using.

You are also using multiple center options (div and center). I don't think that is your problem as it did not cause the page to center when cleaned up but you may want to take one of them out before you finalize your site.

Thanks for help! I removed this line from the code:
    DIV#LayoutLYR { position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index: 1; visibility:inherit; }
    and now it's working.
    www.bmhockey.com/test

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm having similar problems. I'm using NOF7 and there is a "center in browser" checkbox on the "layout properties" box. The result is the same whether I check that, or manually place the <div align="center"> in the body. I get the home page to center correctly, but every other page is aligned off to the right a bit, almost each one different from the next, none of which is actually centered. Because of my desire to center my page, I had to remove my fly-out child nav buttons from the nav bar in the left frame as that frame adjusted to the width of the body, usually making it smaller than the frame was designed, cutting the child buttons off, making for a very undesirable result. I will upload the latest code soon so if you click on the link and it's not centered, I didn't do it yet. I'll save you the shockwave intro page and shoot you to home - http://home.comcast.net/~shauseur/Po...html/home.html

As I dig deeper and deeper into this problem, reading other people's issues with this...seems like frames have been looked down upon when trying to center. But, it is what it is and a lot of us like frames for our nav bars. Using an iFrame will not adjust to a different size display with each user...so that doesnt quite do it. I don't see how using a different master border would help with this. I could try and move the content in the master border to inside the body, but that forces me to change each page to add the banner into the body, and that's no guarantee either as the code generated has that content in the body anyway. This is very frustrating and it has me perplexed why it just doesn't work like it should.

I did have a thought, however. It quite possibly might have to do with the body width and the pages ability to adjust the frame. Is there a way to make the frame a fixed width as that would changed the center point in the body. This in conjunction with making the body width consistent between pages may help this issue (they all were 1000, but adjusted them to the smallest they could be to test the theory..no such luck)...but I need to be able to fix the frame with so it's not a variable.

Another thought. My pages are rather large and graphic intense. This will change with my implementation of FancyBox for all the images. Because of the sheer width of my body, I might be running into width restraignts, causing my mis-alignment of the center. When I impliment FancyBox to all my images, this will reduce the size of the area required to view all the images and maybe bring the width of the body down to a more manageable size. I tested the site on my wifes computer running a wide screen flat pannel at high res of 1440 where mine is an old CRT with an X of 1280. Results are the same. The left frame is trunkated down to the size of the primary buttons, no matter what page is loaded...even if the page is only 700 wide in NOF, it creates a wide page and overlaps the frame...so, that might just blow that theory out as well.
    Last edited by Talcum X; 10-06-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    "Every morning is the dawn of a new error"