Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: my site disappeared

Default my site disappeared

I left my computer on overnight which I usually do and when i cam back to it the following night the computer was somewhat frozen and I had a hard time even closing it down to restart.
    After I closed it down manually and reopened nof to check something on my main site, It was GONE
    completely.
    I do have carbonite which is an online backup system, is it possible that its still there just not showing up when I open it up and if not how to I go about getting it back assuming the latest stuff I've done is all backed up

Quote Originally Posted by faigekobre View Post
    I left my computer on overnight which I usually do and when i cam back to it the following night the computer was somewhat frozen and I had a hard time even closing it down to restart.
    After I closed it down manually and reopened nof to check something on my main site, It was GONE
    completely.
    I do have carbonite which is an online backup system, is it possible that its still there just not showing up when I open it up and if not how to I go about getting it back assuming the latest stuff I've done is all backed up
    Fusion keeps backups of your site projects. see this tutorial for where they are and how to bring one back : http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4035
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Ok I got that info and red it and tried to do what you say. the file that was the most recent said my site.nod.bak but it wouldn't open. so I went to the backup from 2 days before that.

On the 22nd I made some major changes and published and those changes are actually online now. when I couldn't open that file above, I opened nof with the file from the 20th days before and what came up was my site before the changes.

so now I have my site online with my changes and on nof with the old way before the changes
    what do I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by faigekobre View Post
    Ok I got that info and red it and tried to do what you say. the file that was the most recent said my site.nod.bak but it wouldn't open. so I went to the backup from 2 days before that.

On the 22nd I made some major changes and published and those changes are actually online now. when I couldn't open that file above, I opened nof with the file from the 20th days before and what came up was my site before the changes.

so now I have my site online with my changes and on nof with the old way before the changes
    what do I do now?
    The first thing you do is export a template so you have a good starting point should things go bad again. See this tutorial for details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16

Set your paste default to unformated text (see attached screenshot for details)

Open your web site in a browser and open fusion.

Copy/paste the changes on the live site into Fusion.

When you have it in sync with the lost project file, export another template (you can append a date to them to keep them straight).

Next time something goes wrong you can import your last saved template with a couple of mouse clicks and be back up and running in a few seconds.

Here is the import template tutorial: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=17
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pasteSpecialUnfo&#114.gif 
Views:	398 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	560  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

what do I do when I have a video on that page? do I have to redo inserting the video, I cant imagine that the cut and paste would work for that?

If you used the Fusion video tool/component you would have to use it again.

If you directly inserted code then you would have to insert the code again using the same method.

copy/paste is for basic text. Images should be placed using the image tool in Fusion.

I just noticed when trying to redoing my pages that my images are gone at least from my page view. they have x's across the whole space of each picture with a small red circle with a question mark in the corner. does this mean my pictures are really gone or just until I publish

It means that Fusion has lost track of where the images are on your hard drive.

Either they are gone or they've been moved.

Fusion stores your site in a database file. When you delete a file or move it, you break the database link to it.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

so what do I do. Every picture in the whole site is gone. Even just images of books and cd's etc.How do I get them back without having to download each and every one again. that would be enormously tedious

Did you copy the backup file to your sites folder before you opened it? It sounds like you just opened it in the backup folder. Opening a file in the backup folder will cause all objects to be unlinked.