Thread: Centering with MX

Exclamation Centering with MX

I have a site done with MX. Older program, but the site is fairly simple and we're a nonprofit, so...

www.domesticunity.com

Everything was formatting ok until I started tinkering with putting some amazon affiliate banners on the site. Now it won't center the heading on the first page. No matter what I do. In the NOF screen it looks as it should; in preview and publishing, everything but the banner is left justified.

I have it set up with a defaultmasterborder and the banner (using the canned mountain style). Then there is a text box with everything in it.

Sigh - the other pages are now messed up too. Oh, well, if I can figure out what is going on, I can probably fix it all.

Thanks for suggestions.

you must have fixed it as it looks like the banner is in the center to me....
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Your Facebook-Script static.ak is disturbing your frame. This is why the index page is sligtly wider. You must have two master borders in use.

You have to deactivate your frame (which is advisable in any case), or place your static scripts in your Layout.

I hope I understood it right, since I also asked myself the same as Mike. You probably resolved the amazon problem already.

That helps me pinpoint the problem. How do I turn off frames?

I widened my frame in the ruler on the first page - which is the page still having the formatting problem. It still isn't centering.

Go to the page (page view)
    Press F10 for the masterborder properties palette
    Select the 4th tab (frames tab)
    Make sure all frames are all disabled (not highlighted)

Once all frames are disabled you will need to clean up all work files and do a full site publish. See this URL for more details: http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4029

You may want to delete all content on your live web site before you upload the new files. You don't want to keep a lot of orphan frame pages up there as they will cause you headaches in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setFrames..gif 
Views:	202 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	567  
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

There is no 4th tab. There is only the master border properties. The frames tab (2nd) just shows the various postions available (left, right, top, bottom) and a box you can check for "Generate HTML frame borders" which is unchecked.

It doesn't look like any of the frame options are selected.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by catchclaw; 10-27-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: addomg screemshot

I don´t know what this talk is about frames in your website...?
    I cannot detect any, at least no NOF frames.

Things like Amazon f.e. don´t count in this respect.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Thanks. I don't know why I can't get the darned page to center. Maybe now I changed to a white background I'll just go home and make a graphic to use.