Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field Label Alignment

Default Field Label Alignment

Can anyone tell me why Forms Label Fields will not align properly when inserted in a table (form) in NOF10?

I have created a form within a table and inserted the label fields in the left column and the data fields in the right column. I can left align the data fields with no problem. However, when I right align the label fields they appear right aligned in Page Design, but align themselves randomly when I publish. Here's what I've done:

1. Right aligned the text within the label field.
    2. Right aligned the label field within the cell.
    3. Set the cell Horizontal Alignment to Right.

Is there another alignment setting that I'm missing?

Thanks
    te

You can select a column and apply formating to all cells.

Hover your mouse/pointer over the column until a small black arrow appears then left click to select the entire column.

on the properties palette you can set the cell alignment for all cells in the column
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colSelectAdjust..gif 
Views:	602 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	564  
    Last edited by gotFusion; 10-27-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add screenshot
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I thought I replied to this already, but it isn't appearing. Apologies if it appears twice.

First, how is this different from setting the cell alignment individually for each cell? Next, I didn't want to use the column alignment feature since the first row is an intro to the form and needs to be left aligned. Finally, I gave it a shot anyway, and it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the effort,
    te

Quote Originally Posted by Tedward View Post
    I thought I replied to this already, but it isn't appearing. Apologies if it appears twice.

First, how is this different from setting the cell alignment individually for each cell? Next, I didn't want to use the column alignment feature since the first row is an intro to the form and needs to be left aligned. Finally, I gave it a shot anyway, and it doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the effort,
    te
    Post a URL
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

I haven't uploaded the site yet. I'm publishing locally to get everything right first. However, there are a couple of things that I've discovered since starting this thread. Maybe they will help point someone in the right direction.

1. I have right aligned the text in the label field, but it turns out the problem I'm encountering is that the text is left aligned when I publish. If I make the label field exactly the same width as the text it holds, it appears to be right aligned since the cell and the field itself are right aligned (which is apparently working). Is there a setting separate from the text properties box for setting text alignment in a field label?

2. In the validation dialog box for the data field to which it's connected, there is an option at the bottom to change the label style. I tried it, but it does not apply no matter what I do. Could that be the solution? If so, how does it work?

te

Tedward,

Might be a CSS issue. To test that theory click on a text box and then the HTML button in properties. Type in <div class="mytable"> and end the div. Then go into STYLE VIEW and edit the CSS tab and add a pseudo class of .mytable { set your parameters here}. When you publish you should see a change in that text box (subject to css inheritence laws of course).
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Adendum,

Thanks for the tip. If you could provide more explicit directions it would be helpful as I'm not clear on exactly what to do.

te

Quote Originally Posted by Tedward View Post
    Adendum,

Thanks for the tip. If you could provide more explicit directions it would be helpful as I'm not clear on exactly what to do.

te
    without a URL to examine you will only receive guesses as to what is happening. The code tells all. create a folder called "test" upload the entire site to the test folder. Post a URL.

Tedward,

I could explain it better but I suspect there is an easier way. I just tried to duplicate the issue and cant....so maybe delete the form and start over? I placed a layout region on the page, drew in a 3 row by 2 column table, placed two data fields and two labels and in preview and when published everything looks as it should.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Paul,

Creating a new table does not resolve the problem. Every form I create within a table has the same problem. Just for the record, I'm using NOF10 with all updates (thru 5) installed, on a win7 64bit system.

I've taken Mike's advice and uploaded the site. The form in question can be found here: http://www.teaserflix.com/html/publishers.html

te