Thread: Importing PDF Documents

Default Importing PDF Documents

I have Windows 7 and NOF 11. I have the up dates and have reset the authorities to admin. But still dont seem to be able to get the File/Import/ Documents to be active the HTML is but the Documents is greyed out. How do I import a pdf to my pages.
    While im on this subject I also dont seem to be able to get windows media files to run and also seem to be having issues with loading and publishing guest books and email pages. Is this a compatability issue? Am I stuffed after now up grading to Windows 7 and NetObjects 11?
    What do I do?
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by glear79 View Post
    I have Windows 7 and NOF 11. I have the up dates and have reset the authorities to admin. But still dont seem to be able to get the File/Import/ Documents to be active the HTML is but the Documents is greyed out. How do I import a pdf to my pages.
    While im on this subject I also dont seem to be able to get windows media files to run and also seem to be having issues with loading and publishing guest books and email pages. Is this a compatability issue? Am I stuffed after now up grading to Windows 7 and NetObjects 11?
    What do I do?
    Gary
    PDF files are handled as file links

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fileLink..gif 
Views:	277 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	569

Did you install Fusion as an administrate (right click the installer and select run as admin)?

Do you have the exe file set to run with admin privileges? http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

You can't "import" the contents of a PDF into your HTML page.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

It looks like you don´t have the access to the full functionality of the programm.
    You should install and run NOF as admin and install the latest Java JRE.
    Have a look at this tut by gotfusion:
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4037

Beside this, I would recommend that you don´t import PDF files into your NOF project.
    Keep your NOF project neat and slim.
    Take an FTP programm like Filezilla f.e.
    Create a folder on your server, name it whatever: pdf_files... or else...and shift all your PDF files in there.
    You can link to these files by external links in your NOF project, or show them by iframes.

edit: well, tooooooo long typing again....
    Last edited by mia; 10-27-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

Yes I wanted to use my electronic brochures on a pdf linked to a virtual web site on a USB. Therefor to inbed them in NOF would be the best method. Hope I'm making sense.

Thanks for your help I'v done all that but it does not seem to make a difference. Any other suggestions???? Im a bit frantic as i need to finish this so it can be put onto a USB and used in a conference. Thanks in anticioation.
    Last edited by glear79; 10-28-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Its now even weirder....I have tried installing an email page and a guest book. When I publish and open the page on the local published site and I try to go to the page with the guest book or email page my computer wants to load and run Dreamweaver but not open the page. Im now not sure what is happening can anyone assist please?

Its now even weirder....I have tried installing an email page and a guest book. When I publish and open the page on the local published site and I try to go to the page with the guest book or email page my computer wants to load and run Dreamweaver but not open the page. Im now not sure what is happening can anyone assist please?
    What you are seeing is normal

The guest book is written in either ASP or PHP depending on what you selected.

you computer cannot parse these languages. you need to install a web server (apache or IIS) and install the language you have chosen.

The best way to view these pages is to upload them
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Ok thanks, but am I able to load these onto a USB to run locally?
    I have done it before but not with NOF...just thought I do it this way to make it quicker. You assistance is very much appreciated.

Ok thanks, but am I able to load these onto a USB to run locally?
    I have done it before but not with NOF...just thought I do it this way to make it quicker. You assistance is very much appreciated.
    Look at the extension on the file. It will be either PHP or ASP. These languages only run within a web server environment. This is why dreamweaver is opening. You must have these file extensions associated with dreamweaver.