Thread: First Time User Require Serious Help In Getting The Site Published

Default First Time User Require Serious Help In Getting The Site Published

Hi,

I've done up a site and wish to publish it but it is not showing up on the website, www.tangsgenassoc.org.sg (FTP server, username and password were all entered correctly).

Before I publish the site, I've gone through the guide and video tutorial.

No error message was shown during and after the local and remote publishing.

The only thing which I found was that both the site.css and style.css were "Never Published" locally in the html folder (refer to attached file screen 2).

Help is pretty much appreciated as I'm not computer trained.

Thank you!

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen 1..jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen 2..jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	585  

One thing to look for and make sure is correct is the directory you are uploading to. The most common is /public_html
    To check this, go to PUBLISH SITE icon and then select Remote Publish or whatever you called it and click the Pencil icon next to it and check the directory is correct.
    Last edited by Technology Ideas; 11-01-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Log into your domain using filezilla and see where the files have been uploaded to.

Can you post a screenshot of your remote publish profile (you can blur your username if you wish as all I need is the remote folder and the remote host name)

Who is your web host? Do they have a FTP tutorial available?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Site Is Up

Thank you guys! The site is up! Problem has been with the directory.

However, I'm still puzzled as the "Last Remote Publish" and "Last Local Publish" still reflect that the site.css and style.css files as "Never Published". Furthermore, it seems that the page loading is rather slow. Maybe you guys can visit the site www.tangsgenassoc.org.sg and give me some feedbacks?

Once again, I sincerely thank you guys for the assistance.

Gary

You need to optimise the photos on your site. Currently, for instance, the photo on the home page is close to 140K. If you optimise it, you can get that to 78% smaller and 28K (attached). To do that, run your images through http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/ (free) or Photoshop or similar. This will make a big difference to the load times on your pages.

Attachment 587
    Last edited by Technology Ideas; 11-02-2010 at 10:02 PM.