Thread: dumb q on publishing files to ftp

Default dumb q on publishing files to ftp

OK, I am really dumb about all this stuff. I'm using NOF 10. I have made changes to my site and I think I uploaded a site via filezilla. If did beautifully, but I made some small changes and went back to filezilla and uploaded, but I still get the older site online. Exactly which files do I need to transfer if I only made some changes?

Maybe you are viewing the old pages from your browser's cache.
    Try to force a browser refresh (CRTL + F5) and have a look if your changes are showing.

On the other hand, if you just made some minor change in the content of a page you only have to upload this page to the server.
    I don't know what the publish structure of your project might be.
    If you publish by Site Structure, which I would recommend for a better overlook, it's very easy.
    Please read this tut of gotfusion for further explanations:
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=181

So if you made a minor change in one page, have a look into your Local Publish folder, select this specific page and upload it onto your server.

It's different if you made major changes, f.e. concerning the navigation by adding a new page, you will have to upload the whole project.
    http://www.nof-community.de
    NOF-Community, Hilfe, Support, Tutorials, Anleitungen, Tipps und Tricks für Netobjects Fusion und SwissKnife Komponenten

thank you mia. will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by mia View Post
    Maybe you are viewing the old pages from your browser's cache.
    Try to force a browser refresh (CRTL + F5) and have a look if your changes are showing.

On the other hand, if you just made some minor change in the content of a page you only have to upload this page to the server.
    I don't know what the publish structure of your project might be.
    If you publish by Site Structure, which I would recommend for a better overlook, it's very easy.
    Please read this tut of gotfusion for further explanations:
    http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=181

So if you made a minor change in one page, have a look into your Local Publish folder, select this specific page and upload it onto your server.

It's different if you made major changes, f.e. concerning the navigation by adding a new page, you will have to upload the whole project.
    Thanks Mia but the cache refresh didn't work. I tried Local Publish, then publishing the folders in Local Publish and it still doesn't update. I know it's something stupid I'm doing. I tried to publish from the site NOF10, and also from FileZilla. I will try the tutorial again.

Your web host may be using a proxy cache. If that is the case you just have to wait until they update their cache.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Publishing Problem solved. It was a file/directory issue with my Host and the directory name. Thanks for help everyone.