Thread: IFrame link for Amazon affiliate store program

Unhappy IFrame link for Amazon affiliate store program

I only recently upgraded to v. 11 from v. 8, so I'm a bit behind the curve on several things. One of them is an iframe, and wouldn't you know, it's exactly what I need for doing my Amazon affiliate thing, and I have to ask a newb question: how do I make it work, especially with links like Amazon's for tools, books and videos I hope to get a cut of off my site?

If I go by the directions in NOF help to implement an iframe, what happens is that I end up either in preview or local publish with the same result:

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Program Files/NetObjects/NetObjects Fusion 11.0/User Sites/new_fb_11_10/Preview/rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_top&bc1=000000&IS2=1&nou=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1= 000000&lc1=0000FF&t=[my Amazon Affiliate ID]-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&m=amazon&f=ifr&asins=B000B61D22.

* Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

If I try the iframe code generator on Beyond Fusion, same difference.

I've tried stripping off some tags front and rear, no change.

I've searched both Beyond Fusion and NOF forums without success in addition to general Internet-wide searches.

What obviously obvious thing am I missing [and thank you in advance for your assistance]?

An iFrame will literally display a URL in a frame. Your code doesn't seem to be a properly formed URL and may be the issue.

Are you able to copy the code as Amazon are telling you to insert it.

Instead of using the NetObjects iFrame tool, you might need to simply create a text box where you want it to display in NetObjects and then press CTRL+T and insert their code that way to display it. As an example of Amazon code you would copy and paste with the <iframe tags included. Example below:

Code:
    <iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=yourAssociatesID&o=1&p=13&l=ur1&category=home&banner=1KCJXE8FXDSDTBZ6SWG2&f=ifr" width="468" height="60" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    You have also pasted your code and in part of that link it says =[my Amazon Affiliate ID] This is either a change you made to paste here or you need to change that as well.
    Last edited by Technology Ideas; 11-15-2010 at 04:03 AM.

I can copy the code in its entirety - and I just changed the Amazon Associate ID for privacy's sake because the original has my actual AA ID -
    but what appears in the inline frame properties box on the code page in NOF is a truncated version:

src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_top&amp;bc1=000000&amp;IS2=1&amp;nou=1&amp ;bg1=FFFFFF&amp;fc1=000000&amp;lc1=0000FF&amp;t=[[[Amazon ID]]&amp;o=1&amp;p=8&amp;l=as1&amp;m=amazon&amp;f=ifr& amp;md=10FE9736YVPPT7A0FBG2&amp;asins=0517524600"% 20style="width:120px;height:240px;"%20scrolling="n o"%20marginwidth="0"%20ma

The end of that last bit should be 'ginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>', so the end tag is getting cut off, but not by me.

Is there a way to tell NOF to back off the reformatting of links like this? This is a lot like the version 8 [or 7?] problem with long links I've run into with using Mapquest links to map directions...

As I said, don't use the iFrame tool in NetObjects, just draw a text box where you want it to display in NetObjects, then press CTRL+T, then paste your code into the box that opens making sure you copy the iframe beginning and closing statements before the src in your post you don't have it on the beginning. The iFrame tool really on uses URLs only not a URL and code as you're pasting here.

You also have %20 for spaces instead of actual spaces (as well as other markup &amp etc.), so make sure you are copying and pasting with Plain Text not formatted text (it might be how you've pasted it in this forum, but just check).

Thank you - I think I've got it, albeit with a whole lot of 'damaged objects found in layout' messages. NOF help on the subject is as whacked as my original link.

Damaged Objects found in layout is not good and you should grab a backup from a previous time before you go too much further.