Thread: cANT UPLOAD IMAGES

Unhappy cANT UPLOAD IMAGES

http://www.tigerfencingsupplies.co.uk

Hi, i have been using fusion 8 to build and publish my website for years, I recently made some changes to my site in fusion 8 then tried publishing it, I then got 74 error messages, which everyone read failed to upload images.

I have never had this problem before. I recently had to reinstall fusion on a new pc but i saved my files from the old pc and and copied them onto the new one. My website opened ok and all the images are in my assets and are being displayed on my local publish on fusion 8 but when i upload to BT who is my web hoster none of the images are visable. I then had to go into my BT account and load an earlier backup of my website.

Can anyone help please.
    sales@tigerfencingsupplies.co.uk

You could be out of space in your hosting account... or they could have changed their firewall settings in a way that affects ftp.

Try going to your remote publish profile in Fusion. In Advanced settings toggle the setting for Passive Mode FTP. See if that helps.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Red face Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    You could be out of space in your hosting account... or they could have changed their firewall settings in a way that affects ftp.

Try going to your remote publish profile in Fusion. In Advanced settings toggle the setting for Passive Mode FTP. See if that helps.

Hi, I have tried this and this passive option is already selected. I have called my hosting company and they said I have still got 90% of my allocated web space still available to use. They also said that the fire wall settings are ok.
    I will try and upload my webpage from a different computer incase its my computer. The only thing different from this computer and my old one is my virus softwear, im now using virgin media security instead of nortons.
    Can you also suggest anything else i could try to resolve this problem. Thanks

Since passive is selected already, try unselecting it.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Default I tried unselecting the passive button but i still have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    Since passive is selected already, try unselecting it.
    Hi, I tried unselecting the passive button but i still have the same problem. I have also saved my website in fusion to my laptop and im still having the same problem when i try and publish. I have also noticed that non of my new pages are being uploaded when i publish, i have noticed this on my pc and laptop.

I have called my hosting company again and nothing is wrong there end, they keep saying its my softwear.

Its not only the images that are not uploading, its also the rectangles that i create as links.
    Do you have any further suggestions for me as my new site with updated prices is now 2 weeks overdue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mark1980 View Post
    Hi, I tried unselecting the passive button but i still have the same problem. I have also saved my website in fusion to my laptop and im still having the same problem when i try and publish. I have also noticed that non of my new pages are being uploaded when i publish, i have noticed this on my pc and laptop.

I have called my hosting company again and nothing is wrong there end, they keep saying its my softwear.

Its not only the images that are not uploading, its also the rectangles that i create as links.
    Do you have any further suggestions for me as my new site with updated prices is now 2 weeks overdue.

Thanks
    Can you connect to your hosting account using a 3rd party FTP program. that would tell you if the issue is with your host.

Download and install Filezilla (free). http://filezilla-project.org/download.php If you can't connect with an FTP program you need to talk to your host again
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz