Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Down load (FTP) my web site from the internet

Default Down load (FTP) my web site from the internet

I need to FTP (down load) my web site that I created and published using NOF-8. My computer crashed and I lost everything. I had to install a new hard drive and reinstall NOF-8. According to the Fussion 8 user guide on page 70 it explains how to "Create a New Site from an Existing Site". I followed the instruction on how to import a remote site, but for some reason (that I can't figure out) it doesn't work. I also connected to the remote server useing the "Publish" button. All the folders and files (assets, images and ect.) seem to appear on the right side of the screen in the remote pane. I have tried to click and drag the folders and files from the right pane over to the left pane but nothing happens. If I double click on a folder it opens up and shows all files that have been stored in that folder.

So, what do I have to do to down load my site into my NOF-8?

Thanks, Jack

Download the web site to your computer using a 3rd part FTP program.

Run the import routine from the files that are on your computer.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Mike,
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded FTP shareware and after some trial and error was able to FTP my web site and saved in a folder on my hard drive. Then I tried to import my site to NOF-8 but will only let me import one file at a time. NOF then creats a new page for the file. The label on the page is not always the correct name for the information that is in the page. Also, NOF locates the page in the wrong place in the site structure. Perhaps I didn't get a clean download from the host server or I did/doing something wrong in the import process.

Thanks again, Jack

Fusion does not recreate its database from raw html very well. These old topics will explain in more detail:

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post44946

http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ll=1#post41423
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Ok, After many hours of work I got my web site rebuilt to the point where I started to copy pictures into my E-Commerce catalogs and have ran into another problem. NOF-8 is not recognizing some of the pictuers from my old site. I tried taking new pictures with the same camera (Nikon Coolpix 995) that I have used to take all the pictures that is on my old site, but NOF-8 does not recognize those pictures either. All the pictures are jpg. I coverted some of the pictures gif and they loaded but the quality is not good. I checked all the settings on the camera and they are all set correctly. So, what can I do to get the pictures loade into my E-commerce catalogs?
    Thanks,
    Jack

When you select an image (after you click the image tool and draw the container on the page) you are presented with a browse box. Make sure that the drop down box for file types says Web Images

I am not sure what you mean by "click the image tool and draw the container on the page". What I do is click on E-commerce and draw a box where I want the E-commerce catalog to appear. I then open the
    E-commerce properties editer, add product information in the attributes area and then click on detail image. I then click on the browse button and the preview window turns black. I then find the picture I want to add to the E-commerce catalog. At that time a window opens to select the picture and a drop down provides a file type list to choose from . I always choose file type "Web Images (*.gif,*.jpg,*.jpeg,*.png) and then click on open. That takes me back to the E-commerce properties editer. The preview window now has turned white if the jpg picture was not recongized, or it displays the selected picture if it was reconized.

Jack

You've posted your question in the Fusion 8 and earlier product section which is for legacy product. What version are you using?

What OS (operating system) are you running?

How many items do you have in your catalog (ball park number, you don't need to count them all)?

How are you processing the sales (paypal, merchant processor account, etc)?

I was using NOF-7.5 and upgraded to NOF-8 when it was first but on the market. At present I have 20 E-commerce catalogs with about 20-30 items/pictures per catalog. My OS is windows XP Professional. Today I took new pictures with another camera (Nikon Coolpix S230) and NOF-8 did not recongize them.

Jack

I forgot to tell you that I am using PayPal.