Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Down load (FTP) my web site from the internet

I am having a hard time following what you mean about Fusion not recognizing images. Do you mean that you cannot place any images anywhere?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

I think this is a bitmotion issue... I used to use 7 and still have 7.7 on this machine, I will look, I also used Paypal, but not the bitmotion wiz, it didn't make the page look like I wanted it to. If you use a spreadsheat, and build the code in sections, then just copy the line, click on a cell on the page without the bitmotion tool and click options, HTML and paste the code. I can explain better if you like. Basically build a product page with pictures or whatever, how you want it to look, then add this for an add to cart button somewhere on the page

Also there is code to use if you build your page with a picture (assuming you can place the image on the page with out the bitmotion paypal wizard) you add this code to the front of image html, then add the </a> to the end, for just a few items, this is not too bad - I have code that should work for that

Ultimatly, a database is what you want for more items, I had over 30,000 items in my catalog at one time... I miss those days, NOT
    Last edited by MikeOhlh; 01-16-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: oops

Default PayPal button code

OK, so I pulled out the 10 year old button code and dusted it off a bit. if the xls file will attach, (it won't so I linked it) here you go, I saved it as an older excel file (xls) so more people can get to it, if you want an asc file I can send it, just let me know.
    http://ohlhausen.us/html/simple-pp-button.xls
    http://ohlhausen.us/html/simple-pp-button.csv

right click - save as... here is what it looks like by itself Attachment 723
    Last edited by MikeOhlh; 01-16-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: additional link

Mike (gotFusion),

Sorry for the delay with my responce. I had to go out of town and just got back last night.

Yes, NOF-8 will not allow some, NOT ALL, of my jpg pictures to be placed anyware. If I convert them to gif I can place them but the quality of the pictures is not good. For some reason those particular jpg's are not being
    recognized. All the pictures were taken with the same camera and was/is published to my web site at http://jacksgemsjewelry.com . My old website is still up and running. I just have not been able to update it since I started having commputer trouble and had to install a new/larger hard drive. I was able to have most of my pictures salvaged from MY Pictures on the old hard drive and have been able to place most, but not all, of them on the new site I am now building.

Jack

Are you compressing your photos in your photo editing software when you save them? What photo editing software are you using. What is the size/weight of the new photos?

The photos I viewed on the link you sent are very acceptable (12-14k for a moderate size image 500x400). You should not have issues if you keep your images compressed to this level.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL

Yes I compress all the photos I use on my web site. I use "MicroSoft Office Picture Manager" to edit and compress. I use the "Web-Small (448X336)" option to size the photos. I just finished looking at all the Pendant pictures that is/was published in my website E-commerce Pendant catalog. All the Pendant pictures are between 250X448 and 20kb to 400X500 and 69.5kb in size. NOF-8 E-commerce catalog further compress the size of the photos to about 84X126 pixels and 1551 bytes. I picked one of the larger photos (that is 299X448, 69kb) and is published to my old website but I can't place in the new site I'm building. I compressed the photo down to 94X160, 9.5kb but still can not place the photo in my new Pendants catolog. I then created a new page with a new E-commerce catolog and still could not place the picture.

Jack

Have you run a virus scan lately? What you are seeing is not typical/normal

Going back through your older posts to try to get a handle on your issue you say you have over 20 e-commerce components. You may be taxing things a little.

Have you tried creating your catalogs manually using the table tools?

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4050
    Last edited by gotFusion; 01-19-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Yes I scan my pc once a week. Yes, I will have about that many catalogs when I'm through building the site. Right now I only have the 1 that I'm not able to finnish because of the photo problem. I tried to add new catalogs but have the same photo problem. Tried to using table tools but had the same picture problems. Thinking that I might have a problem with the newly installed NOF software I deleted it from my computer and reinstalled. Imported my template put have the same problem, some pictures will load but others will not. I am totaly stumped! I contacted NIKON to see if they could advise as to what the problem might be and they said if I'm able to tranfer images from the camera to my computer (which I can) that trouble could not be with the camera.

Jack

Before you go any further start a new blank site using the stock style (File > New Site > Bank Site)

Go to Site View, click on the home page, hold your control key and press N key 4 times (to construct 4 child pages)

Open any page by clicking the page view icon and try to start a new fresh catalog (give it a different name then the one you were using before)

See if you can create a catalog and insert images.

This is only to test whether there is an issue with the software install or an issue with your old site project.

If everything works fine then the issue is with your site project file.

Let me know how this turns out and we will take another step.

Ok, Idid like you said and made a new site. I opened page 2 and created a catalog and got the same results, some photos will install and other photos will. I decided to tried to place a photo on the home page put, by mistake, I clicked on a photo that had not been compressed and ofcourse the photo filled all of the screen. the "Picture Properties" opened and I was able to edit and compress the photo to any size i wanted. So, I went back to the E-commerce catalog and was able to place the same, not compressed, photo in the catalog. However, the E-commerce catalog does not allow away to edit and compress photos. I then went back to the Home Page and right clicked on the photo and selected "Open file in external editor". This action opened a program called "Paint". I selected Save AS and saved the compressed photo in My Documents/My Pictures. Then I tried to place the compressed photo into the E-commerce catalog. It didn't work! This tells me that the problem has somthing to do with editing and compession of the photos and because it happens with 2 different photo editing/compressing programs and two different cameras the problem is only common to the NOF-8 software that I have.

Jack