Thread: Flyout not working in Internet explorer

Default Flyout not working in Internet explorer

I Have created a very basic page in NOF 10 with a script from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/fixedtooltip.htm which is a simple mouseover link (or two) to have extra text flyout. I have attached a template for anyone interested (flyout.zip) to install to NOF to perhaps help in finding out why it is not working in IE. This script works incredibly well in most browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) BUT NOT in Internet Explorer?
    I really need to set this up in one of my clients sites so any help would be really appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It works for me using Preview with NOF11 & IE8.

Are you using IE9 Beta? That doesn't work too well with NOF (and some other software apparantly).

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It works for me using Preview with NOF11 & IE8.

Are you using IE9 Beta? That doesn't work too well with NOF (and some other software apparantly).
    Voyager: Hi, No I am using IE8. (same as you) Maybe the HTML code is different in NOF 11. If you do a local publish to IE8 does it show the flyouts? If it does and all fails perhaps if it were not too much of a hassle, you could zip yours as a template like I did & email it to me at grist@mweb.co.za and I will try it or check where the code is different? This may be the only way i could find the error.....

This is just a follow up relating to the post above. After another few hours of trying a few other scripts, the penny dropped. It was only the security built into this version of IE (8) not allowing scripts to run. At NO point did it ask to allow scripts to run! Oh well, I suppose most of us are human.....
    Last edited by Evok; 11-22-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: My INCREDIBLE stupidity!