Thread: zoom v6

Default zoom v6

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can inform me how to stipulate my own template in zoom v6. I want it the same as my other pages. I have created a page in nof11 and put it on the server but I can't seem to tell zoom to use it. Any hints are welcome.
    cheers
    Ron Smith

Allison Moore

Default Re: zoom v6

Have you done Charles' tutorial? http://www.lansrad.com/html/tutzoom0.html

The steps are spelled out in the tutorial.

Allison

> Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can inform me how to stipulate my own
    > template in zoom v6. I want it the same as my other pages. I have
    > created a page in nof11 and put it on the server but I can't seem to
    > tell zoom to use it. Any hints are welcome.
    > cheers
    > Ron Smith

Default zoom v6

Hi. yes I have read it, but the zoom v6 does not appear to have anywhere to set a template path, only the script path which the tutorial suggests to leave alone
    thanks for your response
    Ron

If you've followed Charles instructions just placing the php code as an include, you are placing the search display into your NOF template so the look of the pages is correct. To change the template of the actual search results, simply go into Zoom Search and click TEMPLATES>CUSTOMISE SEARCH PAGE APPEARANCE and then open the template in NotePad or similar and change the CSS to match the rest of your site.

That template file then gets upload to your HTML directory.

You can see an example on our website using this method as we use Zoom Search too - http://www.technologyideas.com.au/ht...12&search.y=16

Also make sure you have set the path in Zoom Search for the FTP correctly. See screenshot attached. Just double-check the directory is correct (this is our example for cPanel-type hosting)

Attachment 611

Just realised, the tutorial that was given to you was a different Charles to the one I was referring to in my posts. Try this tutorial, it's easier - http://www.beyondfusion.com/html/sitesearch.php

Default zoom v6

Hi. thanks for your replies. I will try the Beyond Fusion way. I need to start from scratch any way, my site went haywire yesterday so I had to upload an earlier version (pre zoom), I hope it wasn't to do with zoom. The site was not updating when we published some changes, then when browsing if you tried to follow any page link from the index page it would 404 because it was looking for
    "mydomain/Contact_Us/contact_us/html" instead of "mydomain/html/contact_us/html"
    If I manually typed in the correct address I would go to the page and I could navigate the site properley from every page until I went back to the home page, then wrong addresses again. If you have any thoughts on why or how this would happen I would appreciate it so I don't have the problem again.
    cheers
    Ron Smith