Thread: Publishing problem running Win7 w/Fusion 7.5

Default Publishing problem running Win7 w/Fusion 7.5

I have sucessfully installed my 7.5, imported the Template with the proper Publishing settings. I even got my Cool Maps components to work, but now when I try and change something on a page from active to Sold and publish it, it does not show up on the website?

I have dumped the temp IE files and unchecked preserve data and republished locally and remotely. The local shows up as changed but the remote publish is still showing the older ver of the page?

Does anyone have a fix for this?
    Thanks,
    Wiinter Bear

Try doing a forced browser refresh (hold your control key and press F5)

If that does not work, your web host may be using a proxy cache. IF this is the case you will have to wait until they refresh their cache
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks for the info. I rebooted and am waiting to see if that makes a difference but so far still the same.

Contact your web host and ask if they use a proxy server caching system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

IF they do, you just have to wait until they update their proxy servers.

Large web hosting companies run a proxy cashing server system as it allows them to put more users/domains on each machine without degrading the serve speed. The issue arises when you make changes and can't see your changes as you are not served your web content but the cached version of it which can be up to 24 hours old.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Thanks, Mike. You know what they say, "the simple way is the best way" or "the simplest explanation is more likely the correct one." (Occam's Razor) Of course it was user error in this case, being that I forgot to set my publish prefs to "Site Structure" rather than the default settings of "Assets". So very sorry to have bothered you with this as it was an easy fix! I guess I am getting much older than I would like to admit!! Maybe I should look in the mirror once in a while instead of staring at this screen all day! Many, MANY, thanks!