Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .js files

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Shannell
    Guest

    Default Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .js files

    Ive been updating a couple of sites lately and have been getting a
    strange problem. Every html page I upload gets a duplicate file uploaded
    with a .js extension. Ive pasted the content from one of these files.
    This can actually break a website as index.php gets a index.js and the
    visitors browser will try and open the .js file as .php seems to be a
    lower priority than index.js for some reason.

    I think the only javascript Ive got going on is google analytics, thats
    what I understand a .js file to be.
    What on earth can be going on here?


    // Begin Actions
    function F_doLoaded() {
    document.main = new F_cMain();
    document.objectModel = new Object();
    F_OM('Layout','LayoutLYR', 'doc', '', new Array());
    F_OM('' , 'LYR', 'img', 'Layout',null,'',0);

    F_pageLoaded('Layout');
    }

    $(document).ready( function() {
    F_onLoaded();
    });
    // End Actions



  2. #2
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .js files

    In news:id1fm4$rl$1@DailyPlanet.news.netobjects.com,
    Shannell <ss@chargin.org> typed:
    > Ive been updating a couple of sites lately and have been
    > getting a strange problem. Every html page I upload gets a
    > duplicate file uploaded with a .js extension. Ive pasted
    > the content from one of these files. This can actually
    > break a website as index.php gets a index.js and the
    > visitors browser will try and open the .js file as .php
    > seems to be a lower priority than index.js for some reason.
    > I think the only javascript Ive got going on is google
    > analytics, thats what I understand a .js file to be.
    > What on earth can be going on here?
    >
    >
    > // Begin Actions
    > function F_doLoaded() {
    > document.main = new F_cMain();
    > document.objectModel = new Object();
    > F_OM('Layout','LayoutLYR', 'doc', '', new Array());
    > F_OM('' , 'LYR', 'img', 'Layout',null,'',0);
    >
    > F_pageLoaded('Layout');
    > }
    >
    > $(document).ready( function() {
    > F_onLoaded();
    > });
    > // End Actions


    No idea, but I don't think it's analytics causing it. It's easy enough to
    tell; turn analytics off and see what happens. Are you not using js for the
    menu items, etc.? Got a website URL?

    HTH,

    Twayne`



  3. #3
    Shannell
    Guest

    Default Re: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .jsfiles

    Hi, yes I guess I would be using js for the menus, forgot about that.
    Basically it seems any site i edit gets this problem.
    One is foxrealestate.com.au
    I found a setting in the appliaction options referring to js, well "java
    runtime enviroment" (actually I think thats different to javascript is
    it??) it says
    use version bundled with Netobjects
    or
    Use external JRE (1.6)
    Mine is set to the bundled option.


    On 30-Nov-10 10:53 AM, Twayne wrote:
    > In news:id1fm4$rl$1@DailyPlanet.news.netobjects.com,
    > Shannell<ss@chargin.org> typed:
    >> Ive been updating a couple of sites lately and have been
    >> getting a strange problem. Every html page I upload gets a
    >> duplicate file uploaded with a .js extension. Ive pasted
    >> the content from one of these files. This can actually
    >> break a website as index.php gets a index.js and the
    >> visitors browser will try and open the .js file as .php
    >> seems to be a lower priority than index.js for some reason.
    >> I think the only javascript Ive got going on is google
    >> analytics, thats what I understand a .js file to be.
    >> What on earth can be going on here?
    >>
    >>
    >> // Begin Actions
    >> function F_doLoaded() {
    >> document.main = new F_cMain();
    >> document.objectModel = new Object();
    >> F_OM('Layout','LayoutLYR', 'doc', '', new Array());
    >> F_OM('' , 'LYR', 'img', 'Layout',null,'',0);
    >>
    >> F_pageLoaded('Layout');
    >> }
    >>
    >> $(document).ready( function() {
    >> F_onLoaded();
    >> });
    >> // End Actions

    >
    > No idea, but I don't think it's analytics causing it. It's easy enough to
    > tell; turn analytics off and see what happens. Are you not using js for the
    > menu items, etc.? Got a website URL?
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Twayne`
    >
    >



  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    352

    Default

    The .js files are absolutely for Google Analytics. NetObjects generates them for any external links you have on each of your NetObjects page so it can track them.

    .js files should never be a priority over .php .htm or .html files for your visitors when opening links or pages (unless you put a link directly to index.js)

    If it is, speak to your web host or check your computer as it is not normal behaviour of any browser to open index.js as a priority over index.php / index.htm or index.html.

  5. #5
    Shannell
    Guest

    Default Re: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .jsfiles

    Well I did fix that by adding a .htaccess file with
    DirectoryIndex index.php

    But I dont want all these .js files uploaded, Im not sure what to do
    next..??
    What does this code refer to? Seems the same code every time.

    // Begin Actions
    function F_doLoaded() {
    document.main = new F_cMain();
    document.objectModel = new Object();
    F_OM('Layout','LayoutLYR', 'doc', '', new Array());
    F_OM('' , 'LYR', 'img', 'Layout',null,'',0);

    F_pageLoaded('Layout');
    }

    $(document).ready( function() {
    F_onLoaded();
    });
    // End Actions






    On 30-Nov-10 11:17 AM, Technology Ideas wrote:
    > The .js files are absolutely for Google Analytics. NetObjects generates
    > them for any external links you have on each of your NetObjects page so
    > it can track them.
    >
    > js files should never be a priority over .php .htm or .html files for
    > your visitors when opening links or pages (unless you put a link
    > directly to index.js)
    >
    > If it is, speak to your web host or check your computer as it is not
    > normal behaviour of -any- browser to open index.js as a priority over
    > index.php / index.htm or index.html.
    >
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andrew Baker | http://www.technologyideas.com.au
    > Australia



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Not sure why you are worrying about them at all, they are for Google Analytics to do it's job, but if you must remove them:

    If you don't want Google Analytics, switch it off in NetObjects fully by going into TOOLS>OPTIONS>CURRENT SITE then click SITE TRAFFIC tab and untick "Enable Google Analytics"

    If you do want tracking but for whatever reason don't want to track everything that goes on within your website pages, you will still need to switch Google Analytics off in NetObjects (see above) and simply add the code manually to your Master HTML. Right click in your MasterBorder, choose MasterBorder HTML and then click the BodyEnd icon at the top and paste the Google Analytics code in manually. Replace UA-xxxxxx-x below with your specific UA code.


    <script type="text/javascript">

    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>

    <script type="text/javascript">
    try{
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxx-x");
    pageTracker._trackPageview();
    } catch(err) {}
    </script>

  7. #7
    Shannell
    Guest

    Default Re: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .jsfiles

    Ok so its normal behavior then?
    Its just that I havent changed anything and this started happening.
    Ive never had a bunch of .js files in my directories before. Does anyone
    esle have these same files in any of their current nof11 websites?


    On 30-Nov-10 11:49 AM, Technology Ideas wrote:
    > Not sure why you are worrying about them at all, they are for Google
    > Analytics to do it's job, but if you must remove them:
    >
    > If you don't want Google Analytics, switch it off in NetObjects fully
    > by going into TOOLS>OPTIONS>CURRENT SITE then click SITE TRAFFIC tab and
    > untick "Enable Google Analytics"
    >
    > If you do want tracking but for whatever reason don't want to track
    > everything that goes on within your website pages, you will still need
    > to switch Google Analytics off in NetObjects (see above) and simply add
    > the code manually to your MasterBorder HTML. Right click in your
    > MasterBorder, choose MasterBorder HTML and then click the BodyEnd icon
    > at the top and paste the Google Analytics code in manually. Replace
    > UA-xxxxxx-x below with your specific UA code.
    >
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    >
    > var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ?
    > "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    > document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
    > "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    > </script>
    >
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    > try{
    > var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxx-x");
    > pageTracker._trackPageview();
    > } catch(err) {}
    > </script>
    >
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Andrew Baker | http://www.technologyideas.com.au
    > Australia



  8. #8
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .js files

    In news:id1isr$2pp$1@DailyPlanet.news.netobjects.com,
    Shannell <ss@chargin.org> typed:
    > Well I did fix that by adding a .htaccess file with
    > DirectoryIndex index.php
    >
    > But I dont want all these .js files uploaded, Im not sure
    > what to do next..??
    > What does this code refer to? Seems the same code every
    > time.
    > // Begin Actions
    > function F_doLoaded() {
    > document.main = new F_cMain();
    > document.objectModel = new Object();
    > F_OM('Layout','LayoutLYR', 'doc', '', new Array());
    > F_OM('' , 'LYR', 'img', 'Layout',null,'',0);
    >
    > F_pageLoaded('Layout');
    > }
    >
    > $(document).ready( function() {
    > F_onLoaded();
    > });
    > // End Actions
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > On 30-Nov-10 11:17 AM, Technology Ideas wrote:
    >> The .js files are absolutely for Google Analytics. NetObjects generates
    >> them for any external links you have
    >> on each of your NetObjects page so it can track them.
    >>
    >> js files should never be a priority over .php .htm or
    >> .html files for your visitors when opening links or pages
    >> (unless you put a link directly to index.js)
    >>
    >> If it is, speak to your web host or check your computer as
    >> it is not normal behaviour of -any- browser to open
    >> index.js as a priority over index.php / index.htm or
    >> index.html. Regards,
    >> Andrew Baker | http://www.technologyideas.com.au
    >> Australia


    Well, here's the javascript for Google Analytics:
    <!-- Analytics Code Start -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." :
    "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost +
    "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("$VARIABLE(GoogleAnalyticsID)");
    pageTracker._initData();
    pageTracker._trackPageview();
    </script>
    <!-- Analytics Code End -->

    There is an older code they don't want used anymore, but it's similar to
    this more recent code. .js is javascript (and not Java, as was asked - 2
    different animals).

    It's only one entry for a user to delete the UA number from in order to see
    if that code goes away. And it's easy enough to even delete it temporarily
    from one page, to see what happens. In one very short page of my own site,
    there are 4 javascripts so they are used for a lot more than simple
    analytics work unless it's not google analytics but something else.

    There IS a separate .js file with EACH .html file, BTW. These are
    NECESSARY files for analytics! It is also for google analytics and looks
    like:
    // Begin Analytics
    $(document).ready( function() {
    $('#Text2099Link2').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/aspca.org'); } );
    $('#Text2099Link3').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cruelty_faq#whatiscruel');
    } );
    $('#Text2099Link4').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.fbi.gov'); } );
    $('#Text2099Link5').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/report-animal-cruelty.html');
    } );
    $('#Text2099Link6').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.hsus.org/'); } );
    $('#Text2099Link7').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.aspca.org'); } );
    $('#Text2099Link8').bind('click', function() {
    pageTracker._trackPageview('/outgoing/www.agmkt.state.ny.us/AI/AGM_ART_26.pdf');
    } );
    });
    // End Analytics

    NONE of them appear to be creating a new page as the OPs code seems to show.
    I can't find anything in mine that looks like the OPs code but that might
    only mean he's using something I am not. About all that's used in that site
    is a ccouple image galleries and a few artcles/news things.

    Hmm, "actions": Perhaps that's something to do with adding "actions" in the
    Properties somewhere. If not, I'd be concerned because it seems to be
    creating a NEW page! If the code isn't supposed to do that, someone may have
    hacked the site. Time to check the site logs to see what's going on there.

    HTH,

    Twayne`



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •