Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Strange NOF11 problem, .getting .html files duplicated as .js files

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I have narrowed down your code specifically and you have used Actions.

    See Layout Properties - far right of screen, then click the Actions icon - far right (see screenshot attached). IN there will probably be an action of some sort that gets triggered.

    I do have to repeat though, that you don't need to worry about them for any reason (in this case).

    Attachment 628

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    ok that makes more sense the the GA. Ive checked all the pages and couldnt see an action on the 2 sites I had this issue with.
    Ive been working on another site today and I havent been getting js files so its not happening to all sites as I originally said.

    Ive just published this page after deleting the js file
    http://www.planningforplants.com.au/...ning_arab.html
    And it reappeared.
    botanical_garden_planning_arab.js

    The layout for that page shows no action for the layout, or any other part of the page I can see.
    Very strange.

    I guess Ill just put up with it. Thanks for all your help looking at this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    352

    Default

    It's your menu and the way you've created it. You are using a Javascript function for it rather than the SiteStyle menu system. Should have sent that URL first, it would have made it easier

    As I've said several times, it's nothing to be concerned with, and I truly don't understand why you are worrying about it so much. Is there another problem you are getting because they are there?

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    No that menu is an entirely standard nof nav

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    352

    Default

    The menus aren't standard as such as the widths are different and the text isn't consistently lined up within the graphic, so you must have customised them to some degree. Standard menus are auto-generated from a single graphic for each state and are therefore consistent in width and text lined up.

    That aside, try this: Highlight the area where you have the Arabic text graphic and/or the Arabic text graphic itself and look for anything in the Actions area by clicking the Actions icon Attachment 636 (over on the right in the Properties box). You appear to have that Arabic text graphic in a DIV layer called LYR somehow as well.

    When all is said and done, to find the culprit, copy your project, then all you have to do is remove items one at a time from your NOF page, delete the previous Local Publish folder then Publish to the Local folder. Repeat that until such time as you see the .js files disappear and you'll then know what element it is that's creating the .js files.

    You consistently don't answer why this is such a big issue for you. I have stated that it is code generated by NetObjects and is safe in this case, I can tell because the Actions match DIV names within your actual code. So what is the concern here? Do you just not trust NetObjects or do you have some other technical issue with it? If so, it may pay to mention it here so that myself and/or others can help with that technical issue. If it's just curiosity, it would be good to mention that as a courtesy so we don't spend so much time trying to analyse this for you over and over, this thread is very large in relation to the problem itself and I have added to that by answering you over and over...so I now respectfully bow out of this thread

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I realize this is an old thread, but I justr had to put my penny in here for what it's worth. I remember a day I was looking on my computer and saw a bunch of .js files, they were all named the same as all the .jpg files and a few other types. Soon I watched as my entire desktop as well as my Linux file server (with mapped drives) were cleaned of ALL jpg gif mov - ALL of them that was my 2 terra byte raid 5 linux box 3/4 full of pictures, all my albums I had ripped to mp3 and all I was cleaned out. I had McAffee but didn't buy the newest version, just updated the definitions, now I have AVG and I get a bit of a twinge when I see js files named the same as other files... I thought Linux was safe from viruses, but didn't realize mapped drives made it just like it was on Windows. That was 13 years ago (I still have that server LOL but 2 tb is kinda tiny) and NO I Do Not do porn... I love my tunes and my scanner and my NOF backups...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •