Thread: HTML tab remains empty

Default HTML tab remains empty

Hi everybody,

I have just reinstalled and re-run NOF 10 after moving to a new computer.

My old sites open just fine, but the HTML tab in page view remains empty, so that I cannot insert custom HTML.

Anybody any ideas what might be the cause?

Cheers,

babelsguy

You should feel lucky.

HTML should be inserted either at the HTML insert on masterborder or layout properties or inline by using CTRL+T

Using html source VIEW to insert code is a recipe for future disaster.

What exactly are you wanting to do?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default HTML view empty

Thanks for the reply!

First of all, I thought that the HTML view always shows the HTML source of the the selected element - is that a false assumption?

Specifically, I want to paste in a piece of code that includes an external polling widget in the page at a specific position in the text. I found that I can do this by using the "HTML text" fetaure (whatever this is in English, I am German) - but I am still puzzled by the empty HTML view.

The html source view is just that, a "view". A it is a glimpse of what the html code will look like once it is generated.

Fusion is a code generator not a code editor. The code you are looking at on the tab does not exist until you go through the "publish" function.

To place something at a specific location, draw a text box or single celled table. Press CTRL+T (hold your control key down and press the T key). You will be presented with an HTML insert dialog box. Paste your code in that. The code will be marked on the page by a small blue circle with a T inside it. If you need to edit the code at a later date hover over the blue T icon until your pointer changes to the link hand, then click. The dialog box will reopen and you can edit your code.

To reposition the object containing the code (the text box or table cell) just drag it where you want it to appear.

Here is a tutorial on how to insert bits of youtube code (the method is the same for inserting any code or script):

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=4063
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Default Thank you!

You're the master! Thank you very much, Sir - this solved my problem.

Best regards,

Babelsguy