Thread: yet another photo gallery thread

Default yet another photo gallery thread

Does anyone know of a non-flash photo-gallery application that will allow you to input variables such as price, size and material (fine art paper, canvas, acrylic, etc), allow the viewer to choose the combination they want, click 'buy' and be passed to a shopping cart application like mal's? I have yet to find one and would find it extraordinarily useful.

Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Does anyone know of a non-flash photo-gallery application that will allow you to input variables such as price, size and material (fine art paper, canvas, acrylic, etc), allow the viewer to choose the combination they want, click 'buy' and be passed to a shopping cart application like mal's? I have yet to find one and would find it extraordinarily useful.
    You want to display the result of the combination of choices visually? Or just display the options in pictures and combine them together to send to Mal's?

This could be done with PHP (or another language) but chances are you won't find something "off the shelf" that does exactly what you need.

I've done similar programming before. Every one is a bit different.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Strange because it seems to me that pretty much every photographer who sells images on the web would need such a beast. I can do it simply by creating static html pages with a separate mal's button for each but it seems to me the authors of gallery applications are missing the boat. There was an app the name of which I forget now which did something similar but was, alas, flash.

Thanks Andrew. I did really want to do it from my own server rather than a hosted solution but I'll check it out thoroughly. I've also found: http://www.ktools.net/photostore/sell-photos-online/ and http://www.softbizscripts.com/gallery-script.php, both PHP scripts which look promising although expensive to buy.