Thread: Getting 404 error when form is submitted

Default Getting 404 error when form is submitted

Hi to you all.
    Please, help to resolve these 2 problems i am having. I am a new web developer using NetObject Fussion 11 for the first time. Thanks for your help.
    1) I am getting 404 error messages. My understanding of this error is that the page to go to in case of success was not found. If you look at my forms below, you will see that l specified to go to “Home” page on success as stated in the example l followed. I don’t know why it’s telling me that the page was not found. Can you help me please?
    I follow this example to create my form handler and my form manager components http://www.learnnof.com/PHPform2.swf and yet l am still getting this error.

2) My “Join Us” form is not passing the data collected to file “formshandler.csv”. I have already created /db with 755 permission on the server. I also created “formsHandlerFileUpload” file with 755 permission on the server. Please, what am l doing wrong.

My website is www.imatchadvocate.org

Thanks for your help,
    Moses

Mose,

My guess is that your site is hosted on a *nix box and as such everything is case sensitive. So you need to make sure the page name and the link are identical; if the page name is /ABCdef.html and you point to ABcdef.html you'll get a 404 error.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!

Thanks Paul.

I double check my page name and the link and found that they are identical. But l excluded from "Form Handler" and "Thank You" pages from the navigation (they are published) as instructed by the example l followed. Can this cause any problem?
    Mose

Moses,

I think the easiest way to figure this one out is if you create a template of the page with the form and then post on here or maybe PM me.
    Paul - Aditerum Ltd and AllSortsOfStuff Ltd
    NOF11 (in Admin mode!); Vista Premium 64bit; AMD Phenom IIx4 945 Processor 3.00Ghz; 8.0Gb RAM
    Wouldn't it be great if there was only a single browser to worry about!!!