Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Login & Signup Questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default Login & Signup Questions

    Hi,

    I've designed a site and i've added a contact form, a signup component, a login component and a logout component.
    All the above seem to work ok, but I have some questions.

    1. Regarding the contact form, how can I customize the welcome e-mail after the form is completed? I need to put some images in the e-mail and text as well.

    2. Regarding the signup page, how I send a validation e-mail, with a validation link? Also How can I customize the content of this e-mail?

    3. After login, How I put a notification in secure pages something like "Welcome **username** you are connected ....."

    4. I've added the admin component, is is possible to notify the administrator by e-mail, after new signups?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: Login & Signup Questions

    In news:cvrak.4mq7gb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    cvrak <cvrak.4mq7gb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've designed a site and i've added a contact form, a
    > signup component, a login component and a logout component.
    > All the above seem to work ok, but I have some questions.
    >
    > 1. Regarding the contact form, how can I customize the
    > welcome e-mail after the form is completed? I need to put
    > some images in the e-mail and text as well.
    >
    > 2. Regarding the signup page, how I send a validation
    > e-mail, with a validation link? Also How can I customize
    > the content of this e-mail?
    >
    > 3. After login, How I put a notification in secure pages
    > something like "Welcome **username** you are connected
    > ....."
    >
    > 4. I've added the admin component, is is possible to notify
    > the administrator by e-mail, after new signups?
    >
    > Thanks in advance


    IMO, you have the basics of what you need but you have no idea what they are
    supposed to do. I say that because of the depth of the questions you asked;
    it doesn't sound like you've even read the installation instructions or
    setup instructions that you have available.
    I would recommend reading what is available in your Help files or startup
    files, keeping track of jargon as you go and picking that which apples to
    you.
    If you still need help, which is likely, visit Google and see what kind of
    information you can get that way. Watch out for black-hat sites; make sure
    your AV is up to date and firewall is ON.
    After that, you should have made some progress on your questions and be
    able to ask them a lot more intelligently. To give you a full answer to what
    you've posted is, IMO, not practical since it'd take a lot of & work with
    the tiny bit of information you've given. Perhaps someone has a tut or
    better reference for you too. Be sure to mention the little details, like
    your OS, version of OS and NOF, etc. etc..Help others to help you.

    Do you have a URL to your site? Helps to see things sometimes too.

    HTH,

    Twayne`



  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hi Twayne,

    Installation instructions and help files say nothing about my questions. They only explain the settings of the components. If you think differently, send a doc or a pdf.
    As for Google, before posting here I 've spent a lot of time trying to find answers but they're not specific to nof 11. And i dont know php, otherwise I'd write the code myself !!
    The os of my pc is irrelevant with the questions, and the nof I've used is 11.
    Since you've spent some time to write your "answer" in detail, you could give info instead of generic advises.

    Regards

  4. #4
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Most of what you want to do is outside of the scope of the components and would need to be hand coded and manually inserted

    As to your question #1 there is a page that Fusion uses as the template for the form email. You can modify it but understand that every form you create on every site project you do with Fusion will use the modified form email page (like every form on every domain you create with Fusion.... all of them). That is why the form email page is so generic, so that it can be universally used.

    If you need a customized form processing page you will need to write it yourself.

    The components are very basic and are mostly a convenience for those who do not have specific needs or requirements
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  5. #5
    Twayne
    Guest

    Default Re: Login & Signup Questions

    In news:cvrak.4mrzcb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    cvrak <cvrak.4mrzcb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > Hi Twayne,
    >
    > Installation instructions and help files say nothing about
    > my questions. They only explain the settings of the
    > components. If you think differently, send a doc or a pdf.
    > As for Google, before posting here I 've spent a lot of
    > time trying to find answers but they're not specific to nof
    > 11. And i dont know php, otherwise I'd write the code
    > myself !!
    > The os of my pc is irrelevant with the questions, and the
    > nof I've used is 11.
    > Since you've spent some time to write your "answer" in
    > detail, you could give info instead of generic advises.
    >
    > Regards


    No, I can't give you specific details because you have not provided
    sufficient information. What I did do was give you information to use and a
    way to get better results with Google.
    As I also said, I'm not willing to spend the time it would take to do all
    the work plus alternatives etc. for you. You must help others to help you to
    get much of anything but a lot of guesses.
    FYI though I doubt you care, your OS is far from irrelevant. You cannot
    refuse to give useful information (or not, who knows?) and expect to get
    many friendly responses.

    Perhaps it's just frustration on your part, but I'm sure I cannot help
    you any further. Gotfusion is your best bet and the best reference on this
    group so see what he has to say.

    Regards,

    Twayne`



  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twayne View Post
    In news:cvrak.4mrzcb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    cvrak <cvrak.4mrzcb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > Hi Twayne,
    >
    > Installation instructions and help files say nothing about
    > my questions. They only explain the settings of the
    > components. If you think differently, send a doc or a pdf.
    > As for Google, before posting here I 've spent a lot of
    > time trying to find answers but they're not specific to nof
    > 11. And i dont know php, otherwise I'd write the code
    > myself !!
    > The os of my pc is irrelevant with the questions, and the
    > nof I've used is 11.
    > Since you've spent some time to write your "answer" in
    > detail, you could give info instead of generic advises.
    >
    > Regards


    No, I can't give you specific details because you have not provided
    sufficient information. What I did do was give you information to use and a
    way to get better results with Google.
    As I also said, I'm not willing to spend the time it would take to do all
    the work plus alternatives etc. for you. You must help others to help you to
    get much of anything but a lot of guesses.
    FYI though I doubt you care, your OS is far from irrelevant. You cannot
    refuse to give useful information (or not, who knows?) and expect to get
    many friendly responses.

    Perhaps it's just frustration on your part, but I'm sure I cannot help
    you any further. Gotfusion is your best bet and the best reference on this
    group so see what he has to say.

    Regards,

    Twayne`

    Twayne,

    I didnt ask you to do my job!!
    I've just asked for some reference, like "edit this php file and modify this..., and this..."
    Probably you haven't visited other threads and forums with a lot of helpful and detailed info. Never mind.

    Thanks for nothing !

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    Most of what you want to do is outside of the scope of the components and would need to be hand coded and manually inserted

    As to your question #1 there is a page that Fusion uses as the template for the form email. You can modify it but understand that every form you create on every site project you do with Fusion will use the modified form email page (like every form on every domain you create with Fusion.... all of them). That is why the form email page is so generic, so that it can be universally used.

    If you need a customized form processing page you will need to write it yourself.

    The components are very basic and are mostly a convenience for those who do not have specific needs or requirements


    Dear gotFusion,

    Thanks for your response, I'll try to find some tutorial, I'm a graphic designer, not a programmer and its difficult for me.

    Thanks again

  8. #8
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvrak View Post
    Dear gotFusion,

    Thanks for your response, I'll try to find some tutorial, I'm a graphic designer, not a programmer and its difficult for me.

    Thanks again
    You need to first find out what dynamic languages and databases your web host offers/supports before you can start looking for a solution.

    If your host supports coldfusion you can process forms to email with a few lines of code and the response email can be formated any way you wish in less time that it took me to respond to this post
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Regarding the signup component I've set the error messages to be in Greek.
    The problem is that they appear as "???????". How I can change the charset to "Windows-1253" ? The problem is also at the emails after signup, and I have to switch manually the charset in order to read the Greek text
    The URL is www.e-fsw.gr/html/signup.php
    I suppose I have to do it inside NOF 11 and not in php files in server side , otherwise when i re-publish the corrections will be lost.

    Regards

  10. #10
    Senior Member gotFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    www.gotHosting.biz
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cvrak View Post
    How I can change the charset to "Windows-1253" ?
    Open your site project in Fusion

    From the menu bar select Tools > Options > Current Site

    You will find the characterset selection dropdown at the bottom of the General properties palette
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •