Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOF11 -> 12 upgrade prices

Default NOF11 -> 12 upgrade prices

HI Folks

Hoping that somebody 'Official' from NOF is listening...

What's the policy on multi-currency - regarding upgrades from NOF11 -> NOF12 ?

On-the-page Upgrade price = USDollars 109 -
    but if you happen to be in Ireland (as I am) the shopping cart tries to charge you Euro 109 -
    which on today's spot rate = USDollars 145 - representing a 30% ripoff!

Using Paypal, I can seamlessly invoice MY online customers in their
    own currency and at a reasonable conversion rate -
    it's a shame that NetObjects (or whoever they're selling through)
    simply can't be bothered to do this small thing!

Last time I queried this (upgrade from NOF10 - NOF11) I was passed back & forth between NOF and the people that take the money - neither of them wanted to do anything about it.

I'd be interested in upgrading to NOF12 - but I don't understand why the upgrade
    (which is, after all, downloadable software, so geographical locations shouldn't
    come into it) should cost 30% more because I'm not resident in the USA ?

Am I missing something here ?

Adrian

Have you taken the German vat element into account? I am in the UK and the price in Sterling is £86.95 inc the vat. Deduct the 19% vat if you are an EU business - as I am - and you get to £73.07. Do a Google currency conversion today and I get £70.33. So not far from the ex vat price I am charged.

I think USA customers pay a sales tax on top of the dollar price quoted, but I guess others will chime in soon on their "gross" price?

Peter

OK on the VAT - but it smacks more of lazyness or maybe profiteering ?

I did raise the issue with Asknet via their Support link, they referred me to NOF Support,
    who then said 'Sorry - we don't do that sort of support here - try the Forum......'

Out of curiousity I did give in and buy the upgrade - but it was quite misleading (IMHO) in that the price on the front of the
    website was USDollars 109 - and when you got through to purchasing you could easily imagine that you were paying
    in dollars - and only when you look very closely do you see that the transaction is actually for Euro 109 (appx 30% surcharge).

So - if 'here' is where NOF answers questions - would anybody from NOF care to comment on this policy ?

hello, i have addressed this same issue years ago, and it has never been resolved or commented, neither with asknet AG. this remains a very unpleasant issue.

I've had this response from Netobjects

"Unfortunately, the price is not converted from USD to EUR as it is. Because of a few market restrictions we can not offer NetObjects Fusion outside USA only using a direct conversion of prices. You will find the price valid for your country or zone directly in your shopping cart. "

I'm intrigued to know what these 'market restrictions' are ....??
    I wonder where the extra USD32 on each euro purchase goes....

Apart from the philosophical question of 'why' there isn't parity in prices (on a 'virtual' product) -
    the greater annoyance is the sneaky way in which the price is shown as USD109 on the front page of the site,
    but mysteriously morphs into an equivalent USD142 when you happen to be in the eurozone....

The UK price of Sltg 86.95 mentioned above by Peter translates back to USD 134.50 - which is a different figure again... being a USD25 'surcharge'

How are these prices worked out - and why the variation ?

Adrian

I bought the full version which was broken down as follows;

Subtotal: GBP 154.95
    Shipping: GBP 0.00
    Tax: GBP 29.44

----------------------------
    Total: GBP 184.39

HI Tim
    Looks like they charged you 19% VAT - which is the current rate in Germany.

This is all very well - but the current VAT rate in Ireland is 21% - not the 30% that's implied by the Euro109 upgrade price tag -
    and looking at the PDF of my invoice, it states "Tax 0%" - "Price Euro 109.95"

Seems to imply 'we're charging you Euro 109.95 because it sounds like an nice round number and it nets us an extra USD30 per sale - and because we can!'

....unless I've got it all wrong, of course ?

Well, I just got charged on my account $112.14 for the v12 upgrade even though I received confirmation that $109.95 was charged to my account (what's that all about). The last time I purchased a NetObjects upgrade (v11), I was only charged $109.95 through the same company AskNet. I would like to know why the $2.19 difference...surely doesn't provide any confidence in the online ordering system if you are not being charged what you've been quoted.

Ask Asknet, they should be able to tell you why the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Egan View Post
    Ask Asknet, they should be able to tell you why the difference.
    That's the whole point....

If you enquire of Asknet, they say 'pricing's nothing to do with us' and point you at Netobjects.
    Ask Netobjects, and they say

"Unfortunately, the price is not converted from USD to EUR as it is. Because of a few market restrictions we can not offer NetObjects Fusion outside USA only using a direct conversion of prices. You will find the price valid for your country or zone directly in your shopping cart. "

Somebody further up this thread was invoiced 19% 'tax' (they're in England, and I think the 19% is the German rate of Value Added Tax. My invoice (I'm in Ireland - so buying in Euro) said "Tax 0%" - "Price Euro 109.95" - without explaining why the 30% price-hike. If the extra 30% is indeed 'Tax', then it should be shown as such on the invoice, and tax-registered folks could then claim it back through their accounts. If it's not tax, then what is it ??

It would be good if 'somebody' from Netobjects (and I realise it may need to be somebody higher up in the company than the excellent Tech Support folks) would explain their pricing policy, and why they persist in overcharging non-US customers...?

Generally, I like V12 of the software - but I don't like the feeling of being ripped off by a company that's can't be bothered to run an accuracte currency conversion on its overseas sales.... - or one which simply prefers to overcharge eurozone customers because it feel like it!