Thread: Linux or Windows for the ISP?

Question Linux or Windows for the ISP?

Is there any particular recommendation regarding whether to get a Windows-based ISP or a Linux-based ISP for hosting a Fusion-created website? I'm adding the Security modules right now, for Signup, Login, etc. and wonder whether they might be sensitive to the Windows/Linux issue.

PS: Is there any way to have replies to my post sent directly to me via email?

You have the choice of either ASP or PHP generated code so you can choose what ever you wish.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    You have the choice of either ASP or PHP generated code so you can choose what ever you wish.
    I'm not sure what you're saying. (I'm quite new to this).

Are you saying that I can use either ASP or PHP with either Windows or Linux hosting, so it doesn't matter (from a Fusion standpoint) which type of host I get?

Or are you saying that ASP is associated with ONE of those two types of host and PHP is associated with the other type of host, so, although I can select either type of host I'll need to decide whether I want to use ASP or PHP and THEN select the related host type?

Fusion works equally well creating PHP or ASP code so as far as the Fusion product is concerned, it does not matter whether you use a Windows hosting plan or a Linux hosting plan.

Typically Linux hosting will support PHP and Windows hosting will support ASP. This is a general rule of thumb. For example I offer ASP. PHP, and ColdFusion with my windows hosting plans and only PHP with my Linux hosting plans. Each web host will have different products that they provide.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Twayne

Default Re: Linux or Windows for the ISP?

In news:RogerInHawaii.4mv3fb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com,
    RogerInHawaii <RogerInHawaii.4mv3fb@no-mx.forums.netobjects.com> typed:
    > Is there any particular recommendation regarding whether to
    > get a Windows-based ISP or a Linux-based ISP for hosting a
    > Fusion-created website? I'm adding the Security modules
    > right now, for Signup, Login, etc. and wonder whether they
    > might be sensitive to the Windows/Linux issue.

Locally I run IE, FF, and Chrome. My ISP uses both Unix and will allow
    Windows on the server; you just choose which you want. I've never used a
    Windows server but if it turned out to be a problem, you could likely switch
    over. If your ISP offers both, ask him; you'll usually get a good answer
    from good server admins about whatever the "issue" is that you mentioned.

HTH,

Twayne`

I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?