Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new 'SiteSafe' feature

Default new 'SiteSafe' feature

HI
    On the Netobjects website it says

----------
    SiteSafeNew Feature!

NetObjects Fusion’s new SiteSafe technology protects your design assets by automatically creating a backup template of your website files. Backup templates may be stored on an external drive, network drive or published to a directory at your web host.
    -----------

Searching the help files for 'Site Safe' in NOF12 doesn't turn up anything...

As I understand it - the only 'completely' reliable backup of a NOF site is a .zip template file -
    and I was imagining that the new feature would automate creating .zip files....?

All I can see under 'backups' is a means of creating duplicates of the .nod files -
    which doesn't seem to be quite such a good thing as you would expect from the 'Site Safe'
    blurb.

Have I missed something ?

Adrian

Hi Adrian,
    The SiteSafe feature is documented in the Backup section of the help;

By default when you create a new site Fusion XII, it is connected to a local Backup Manager. The easiest way to create a backup is to check the "Publish a Site Backup" option while doing a site publish. This will create a full (template/zip) based backup for you.
    Mike
    NetObjects Technical Support
    forums.NetObjects.com

Hi Mike

Ah - thanks for that.... I was getting confused between Autosaves / Backups and 'Site Safe'.
    It's clearer now .....

On a similar tack, is there any way to transfer across the 'publish' settings from NOF11 to NOF12 - rather than having to type in the several sets of FTP details one-at-a-time for each of the 30 or so sites I'd like to migrate from NOF11 to NOF12 ?

Thanks
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by adrian5750 View Post
    On a similar tack, is there any way to transfer across the 'publish' settings from NOF11 to NOF12 - rather than having to type in the several sets of FTP details one-at-a-time for each of the 30 or so sites I'd like to migrate from NOF11 to NOF12 ?
    When you created the profile in 11 did you select "Save as Global" ?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    When you created the profile in 11 did you select "Save as Global" ?
    HI Mike

Couldn't say! <g> - probably not....
    Most of my sites sit in some shared hosting space - so the path for each site is something like /webspace/httpdocs/websitename.com -
    possibly with a /webspace/httpdocs/test/websitename.com thrown in for good measure when 'sandboxing'.

It'd be a great convenience if the 'publish' data was somehow saved with the info stored in the site template -
    are you saying that making them 'global' would make that happen ?

Thanks
    Adrian (hate this forum interface..... where's News when you need it ? <g> )

HI Mike
    It'd be a great convenience if the 'publish' data was somehow saved with the info stored in the site template -
    are you saying that making them 'global' would make that happen ?
    Hi Adrian there should be an option to export your publish info with your template. See att "Include remote publish profiles" checkbox
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Region capture 1..png 
Views:	401 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	690  
    Mike
    forums.NetObjects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi Adrian there should be an option to export your publish info with your template. See att "Include remote publish profiles" checkbox
    HI Mike

So there is - thanks!
    (Wish I'd known that _before_ I did a mega-backup the day before yesterday <g>)

So - if I do that in NOF11 and then open the templates in NOF12, I'll automagically get my Publish/FTP info ?
    Grand - thanks!

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi Adrian,
    The SiteSafe feature is documented in the Backup section of the help;

By default when you create a new site Fusion XII, it is connected to a local Backup Manager. The easiest way to create a backup is to check the "Publish a Site Backup" option while doing a site publish. This will create a full (template/zip) based backup for you.
    Mike, if this creates a .zip file, where does it save it? The only place I find backup files are in a Backup Manager Folder that has index.asp, index.php, index.html and .htacess files. am I missing it somewhere? I always export as a template, so it's not a problem, I was just wondering if it might do it automatically for me and from what you are saying it does. Can you explain further?

Thanks

Well, I will answer my own question.....the .zip file is found in a folder marked _version_repository which will be in the Backup Manager folder....for anyone else that might look for it!

an aside............I've been using NOF since V 4 and I have to say, NOF XII is really nice. The speed alone makes it worth the money. We've come a long way. THANKS!

HI Mike

So there is - thanks!
    (Wish I'd known that _before_ I did a mega-backup the day before yesterday <g>)

So - if I do that in NOF11 and then open the templates in NOF12, I'll automagically get my Publish/FTP info ?
    Grand - thanks!

Adrian
    Hi Adrian,

Yes, if this option is checked when creating a template, your FTP information will be carried over wherever your template may travel.
    Adam