Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with importing sites in V12

Default Problem with importing sites in V12

Hi Ians

See the following thread, I have a big problem with v12 and old sites, it seems at the moment new sites in v12 work for me but old ones won't for some reason. I have a ticket open so will update when a solution is found. http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ws-7-compliant

Regards

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Ians

See the following thread, I have a big problem with v12 and old sites, it seems at the moment new sites in v12 work for me but old ones won't for some reason. I have a ticket open so will update when a solution is found. http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...ws-7-compliant
    When you exported to template did you go through all 3 steps (verify/delete assets, optimize, then export)? http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Quote Originally Posted by gotFusion View Post
    When you exported to template did you go through all 3 steps (verify/delete assets, optimize, then export)? http://www.gotfusion.com/tutorials/tut.cfm?itemID=16
    Hi Mike, yes I have done all you mentioned as I remembered this from previous upgrades.

Regards

Tim

In the not so distant past there was an issue with certain Nvidia video cards and Fusion (as well as some other software). There has been documented issues with certain installs of McAfee anti-virus.

It is almost imposable to beta test with every possible combination of hardware/software so things can get past the testing stage and out into "the wild" with out being reported.

To help, can you list your hardware and software (only the possible issue ones such as AV, firewall, mailware.... anything that monitors your computer and your usage) including version/rev/service-packs, that you currently have installed. What other versions of Fusion do you have installed?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Hi Mike

The PC specs are;

Machine 1;
    Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU
    RAM: 8.00GB

and Machine 2;
    Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
    RAM: 16.00GB

NetObjects version 11 Installed and running fine

Avast
    Microsoft Security Essentials
    Malwarebytes
    cCleaner
    Windows Firewall

All software fully up to date, latest versions and updates all checked.

Regards

Tim
    Last edited by Tim; 01-04-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: correction to spelling oops

Running both Avast and MSSE could be a problem.

Something is getting blocked.

I would uninstall Avast if I were you.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    PHP & MySQL development with Fusion
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuckj

Avast has never caused a problem before and I have found it to work better than other Antivirus programmes which have caused untolled trouble, I have been running both Avast and MSE for over a year now with no trouble or virus etc. I have tried turning off everything running in my attempts to get v12 running on previous site built in v11 but no luck. With all other software running v12 will create a new site but totally dislikes v11 sites.

Regards

Tim

Running multiple anti-virus programs is never a good idea. IMHO.

When I installed 12, I opened my sites from 11 in 12 and created a copy.

This works seemlessly for me because I keep User Sites in a custom location on a non-system drive.

Rather than every Fusion installation having a unique User Sites folder, I use a single User Sites folder. Have done this since Fusion MX days.

This way, file paths and locations never change.

No need to export and import templates.

I've converted sites from 10 and 11 to 12 with no issues whatsoever.

Will have to try exporting a template from 11 and making a new site from it in 12 to see if I can re-create the problems you're having.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Fusion support for AllWebMenus (Likno) Contact me for custom AWM menus for your sites.
    Tutorials and Forums

Hi Chuckj

Since I used version 7 I have always used a drive dedicated to only websites and nothing else at all, in fact both my PC's and laptop have multiple internal drives and the C drive houses only the operating system and software, all files on on separate drives. Thanks for looking into this issue for me, really appreciated.

Regards

Tim

Tim,

Since you use a setup similar to mine, why don't you try opening your 11 nod file in 12. See if it works better for you than the template method.

Choose to do a copy rather than converting the original. Make sure you save the copy in the same folder as the original. I just append a -12 to the file name. So for a site I'll have site-10.nod, site-11.nod and site-12.nod in the site folder, for example. Each nod can be opened in the version of Fusion it was created in.
    Chuck Joslin
    www.BeyondFusion.com
    Tutorials and Forums