Thread: Nav Buttons behaving differently in 12

Default Nav Buttons behaving differently in 12

I have exported as template from NOF 11 and opened from template in NOF 12 in the same manner as other migrations.

No apparent problems at 1st. Then I noticed that the nav buttons won't publish properly. I have used custom gifs. They work fine in several sites published with NOF 11.

See attachments. (1) As it is published with NOF 11, (2) As it is published with NOF 12 and (3) an example button gif.

I have tried reloading the buttons in the style sheet but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Ritch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav_nof11..gif 
Views:	461 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav_nof12..gif 
Views:	459 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regular_1..gif 
Views:	438 
Size:	950 Bytes 
ID:	695  

Have you tried deleting the nav bar component and putting another instance of it from the tool bar?
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Yes Mike, I tried that and it makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritch View Post
    Yes Mike, I tried that and it makes no difference.
    Make a copy of your complete site project folder from your old install to the version 12 user sites folder (you want to end up with 2 copies, one in the original location and a 2nd one in the Fusion 12 user sites folder). You want to make sure that your original site project files remain as they are.

Click on the copy nod file (in the fusion 12 area) to open the copy in Fusion 12 and see if you still have the same issue.
    NetObjects Fusion Cloud Linux enabled Web Hosting, support + training starts at $14.95
    NetObjects Fusion web Hosting and support + ASP + PHP + ColdFusion + MySQL + MS SQL
    FREE NetObjects Fusion Support & training comes with all web hosting accounts
    NetObjects Fusion Web Hosting: http://www.gotHosting.biz

Sorry Mike.. Looks like I need to go back a few steps.

When I tried that I got a popup (attached) ... The site style shows a red x beside it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup..gif 
Views:	437 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	696  

I am nor sure if this helps identifying the issue but The nav buttons show fine when rolled over.

Further update: I created the buttons in a higher quality. They now show but the text is rubbish. Looks like a NOF12 problem.
    Last edited by Ritch; 01-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.

I think this may be related to the general problem NOF12 seems to have with its "improved" handling of images.
    See this thread: http://forums.netobjects.com/showthr...nto-version-12